When is Songkran? Before Thailand adopted the international New Year’s Day in 1940, Songkran was calculated based on the solar calendar, which varied from one year to the next. Now Songkran in Bangkok is from 13 to 15 April of every year.
The Ultimate Guide to Songkran 2018. Songkran in BANGKOK. Add to Trip! When: April 13-15. Songkran in CHIANG MAI. Add to Trip! When: April 13-15. #Songkran in PHUKET. Add to Trip! When:April 13-15.# Songkran in PATTAYA. Add to Trip! When: April 13-19. #Songkran in #KOH SAMUI. Add to Trip! When: April 13-15.
While the Songkran holiday only officially lasts for three days (11th – 13th April), Pattaya’s party atmosphere means that you are likely to get a thorough soaking as … Wan Lai Festival (19th April 2018) ….. However, if you are planning to travel it’s a good idea to double check specific dates and information to avoid surprises.
The Songkran Festival is a national holiday in Thailand. It marks the beginning of the Thai New Year. The word Songkran is derived from the Sanskrit work samkranti, which means astrological passage. It is a traditional Buddhist festival, and it is usually celebrated between 13 and 16 April unless the dates are modified
Accommodation in UdonThani from 350 baht per day. Secure parking and 24 hr security
We also have Apartments and villas with swimming pools
0868 592 986
Songkran Festival: The Ultimate Guide to Thai New Year and Thai Water Festival
Things to Do during Songkran Festival 2018: The must do in Thailand Edition
1. Get wet and wild at Thai Water Festival, respectfully
With the temperature rising as high as 40 °C, April is the hottest month of the year in Thailand. Since Songkran Day is celebrated in April, water has become the staple of the festival. Over the years, it has evolved from gentle water splashing at family and friends to a full-blown water fight, especially on the main streets of Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket. Bowls, buckets, hoses and water guns are all fine in this playful water war. Pickup trucks are armed with huge water barrels and loaded with enthusiastic water fighters.
- 05/04/2018 Songkran 2018 Latest updates and information The biggest festival of the year in Thailand is undoubtedly Songkran. This is also the traditional Thai new year and is celebrated every year between 13th and 15th of April. The following […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Events
- 10/04/2018 Songkran 2018 in Thailand will begin on Friday, April 13 Songkran 2018 in Thailand will begin on Friday April 13
Songkran is an annual festival which takes place over three days during the traditional Thai New Year, April 13th-15th (in almost […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Events
- 13/05/2018 Brit tourist in Phuket taxi accident rescued from B1.5mn medical bills No insurance Cover. A campaign to raise funds for a British woman who suffered a broken back and multiple other serious internal injuries when a truck slammed into head-on into the Phuket taxi she and her […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Health, Latest
- 05/01/2019 Why people keep dying on Thailand’s roads Why people keep dying on Thailand's roads, the most lethal in Southeast Asia
Bangkok, Thailand (CNN)Driving in Thailand can be a hair-raising experience at the best of times, but during […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Road Accidents in Thailand
- 04/04/2018 Songkran 2018 in Thailand will begin on Friday, April 13 and ends on Sunday, April 15 Songkran 2018 in Thailand
Songkran is an annual festival which takes place over three days during the traditional Thai New Year, April 13th-15th (in almost all provinces). The official […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 11/04/2018 Udon Thani Songkran party will be a splash UD Town, a lifestyle shopping mall in Udon Thani province, will present a water-splashing war during the UD Town Wonder Water Land Songkran 2018 festival beginning on Thursday and running […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 05/01/2019 Tropical storm Pabuk Hits Thailand Tropical storm Pabuk Tropical Storm Pabuk buffets Thailand's east coast,
Thousands stranded on Thai islands as Tropical Storm Pabuk hits
Krabi, Thailand (CNN)Thousands of people were […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Latest, Storm Warnings, Thailand Weather, Tropical Storms
- 15/04/2018 Almost 60,000 drink drivers nabbed in two days of Songkran festival Thailand 2018 close to 60,000 drink drivers nabbed in two days of Songkran festival.
The number of drink drivers arrested by officials in the past three days since April 11 has jumped to […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Drinks, Local News
- 14/04/2018 Criminal offences you should avoid during Sonkgran Splashing water on people not willing to get wet during the Songkran Festival can lead to imprisonment, a lawyer warned, adding many common violations of laws during this festive period […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 24/02/2018 foreigners-marrying-Thais-now-subject-to-fingerprints-taken-for-criminal-background Check The regulation change, which was issued by the Department of Provincial Administration (DOPA) head office in Bangkok in Aug 2017, was revealed this week after a foreigner contacted The […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News
- 02/04/2018 Study reveals shocking extent of dangerous driving in Thailand Cargo trucks and public transport buses in Thailand were found to have been speeding beyond the legal limit on more than 17 million occasions last year, according to a GPS-based study by a […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 01/04/2018 OIC launches 10-baht travel insurance for Songkran revelers Bangkok – The Office of Insurance Commission (OIC) has unveiled a low cost travel insurance package to be offered to holidaymakers this Songkran Festival.
OIC Secretary-General […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 10/07/2018 Recovery divers have pulled 42 bodies from the sea off the resort island of … Phuket Recovery divers have pulled 42 bodies from the sea off the resort island of ... Phuket boat accident: Death toll climbs to 41, 15 still missing.
Distraught relatives descended on a Thai […] Posted in Uncategorized, News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 18/04/2018 THAI WOMAN ACCUSED OF TRAFFICKING THAIS TO GERMANY Germany: 7 arrested in raids on sex traffickers
German authorities raided dozens of properties and arrested seven people on Wednesday in an investigation of an alleged trafficking ring […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 11/06/2018 Huge plot of military land in Isaan slated for growing “legal” ganja Thai Rath reported that a 5,000 rai area of military land in the Sakon Nakorn area of Thailand is being eyed for growing ganja.
Authorities are expected to soon be given the […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 12/06/2018 Cost of Living in Thailand The cost of living in Thailand depends largely on the area in which you live and the quality of life you expect.
For the sake of this post, I am going to assume you want to live like a […] Posted in Cost of Living in Thailand
- 12/04/2018 Thirty-nine killed, 461 injured on first day of Songkran The deadly 7 days in Thailand Thirty-nine killed, 461 injured on first of Songkran '7 deadly days.
Police Department are taking a less than lenient view on drinking and driving, so be warned, there are stiff penalties […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 08/04/2018 Actress killed in car crash in Ayutthaya BMW hits a tree Actress was killed when her BMW car crashed into a tree on a roadside in Ayutthaya province on Saturday morning.
Natnicha Cherdchubupphakaree, 21, died when her car plunged […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 10/07/2018 All twelve boys and their coach have been rescued, after being trapped in a cave in Thailand for 18 days What we know so far
All twelve boys and their coach have been rescued, after being trapped in a cave in Thailand for 18 days. The Thai Navy Seals, who have been running […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Local News, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 01/01/2019 New Year Honours 2019: Cave divers honoured for Thai rescue Divers who helped save 12 schoolboys and their football coach from a flooded cave in Thailand have been recognised in the New Year Honours.
John Volanthen, from Bristol, and Richard […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Local News
- 06/08/2018 White lotus-shaped pagoda in the lake, Buddhist in Ban Chiang, Udon Thani, Lotus Temple Ban-Chang-District--UdonThani Thailand.
Ban Chiang is an archaeological site in Nong Han District, Udon Thani Province, Thailand
white lotus-shaped pagoda in the lake, […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, White lotus temple pagoda in UdonThani