A golf club in Pattaya has been criticized for overcharging foreigners.
An angry expat golfer, who didn’t wish to be named contacted Thaivisa to voice his disappointment at Pattaya Country Club, who are charging foreigners considerably more than their Thai counterparts to take part in its “Swing & Stay” promotion.
An image shared on social media advertising the “Swing & Stay” promotion clearly states the ‘For Foreigner’ price being 1,600 baht more than the same package for Thai golfers.
The package, which includes a one day, one night stay, breakfast and green fee, costs Thai golfers 3,000 baht, while foreigners have to pay 4,600 baht.
The issue of overcharging or dual pricing for foreigners isn’t uncommon and is in place at numerous national parks and historical sites throughout Thailand.
- 07/01/2019 UdonThani Sunset and Sun Rise Welcomed to view our photos. Sunset and Sunrise in UdonThani 6 am UdonThani at Udon Country club. Welcome to come and Visit Us. 0868 592 986 Posted in Uncategorized, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 07/04/2018 The annual motor bike Phuket Bike Week 2018 The annual Phuket Bike Week 2018 turns 24 this year and is again scheduled in two parts at two locations in Phuket, starting with four days of activities at Patong Beach during April 11 to […] Posted in News, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 26/04/2018 99 more Foreigners Arrested in Thailand OPERATION ‘X-RAY OUTLAW FOREIGNER’ CLAIMS 99 MORE ARRESTS Why not 100 to round it up. BANGKOK — An ongoing crackdown on illegal immigrants saw the arrest of almost a hundred foreigners […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 27/06/2018 Sri Thani Forest Golf Course UdonThani Sri Thani Forest Golf Course. 9 HOLES Golf Season: open all year round Sri Thani Golf Forest is a private golf course located in Amphor Muang, Thailand. Sri Thani Forest Golf […] Posted in Golf Courses
- 03/04/2018 DOW drops almost 460 points on news of China tariffs & Trump slamming Amazon The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 458 points down, as Beijing slapped tariffs on US imports in retaliation for US steel and aluminum tariffs and President Donald Trump blasted online […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 28/03/2018 Thailand’s Cabinet approves high-speed train project Cabinet approves high-speed train project linking 3 main airports The Cabinet on Tuesday gave the go-ahead for a 200-billion-baht high-speed train network connecting three international […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 New vehicles with temporary license plates to be banned Newly-bought vehicles that carry temporary red license plates will be banned from streets starting in June if a draft law is enacted, the Land Transport Department chief said on Monday. […] Posted in FEATURED, General, Udon News
- 09/03/2018 Punters flock to newly-opened sex doll brothel amid legal gray area newly-opened sex doll brothel This one is in London but why would it not work in Asia ? A “revolutionary” erotic experience is being offered in London and, according to punters, it’s […] Posted in FEATURED, Latest, Udon News
- 11/05/2018 New “Lane Change” cameras reveal extent of bad driving on Thai roads – 14,000 caught on first day New "Lane Change" cameras hai Rath reported that more than 14,000 drivers had been caught breaking the law by newly installed CCTV cameras on the very first day. The […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News
- 03/04/2018 Thailand’s military Government plans to tax crypto currencies Thailand's military government wants to regulate the nascent cryptocurrency market, and slap investors dabbling in digital coins with taxes to prevent the expanding sector from being used […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Udon News
- 24/02/2018 foreigners-marrying-Thais-now-subject-to-fingerprints-taken-for-criminal-background Check The regulation change, which was issued by the Department of Provincial Administration (DOPA) head office in Bangkok in Aug 2017, was revealed this week after a foreigner contacted The […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News
- 02/01/2019 Thai Visa Advice 2019 Retirements Everything You Need to Know About the Thai Retirement Visa Updated 2019 What is a Thai Retirement Visa? New updates for 2019 Peoples Feedback for this Article. I have been here on a […] Posted in Udon News, TOP STORIES, Thai Visa Advice, Retirement Visa Thailand
- 16/02/2017 Leks Fishing Park in Udon Thani Lek’s Specimen Fishing Park ( Private Fishing Lake For Hire ) Thai Fresh Water Fish Species at Lek’s Ranch – Fishing Lake Udon Thani The lake boasts over 40 different fish species […] Posted in Udon News
- 02/04/2018 Gold glitters & dollar declines as US-China trade war escalates The price of the traditional safe haven gold increased on Monday after Beijing introduced retaliatory measures against American goods coming to China. Read more Gold breaking out […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 09/06/2018 Retirement Home in UdonThani Over 50s We have Villas apartments and rooms With Self Catering or you can have home cooking We also have Doctors and Nurses who can look after your medical needs in Thailand Prices start at […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News, Retirement homes UdonThani
- 26/04/2018 Tap water and electricity fees at apartments come under legal control as of May 1 Starting on May 1, electricity and tap water fees at hostels, apartments or rented rooms in residential buildings will come under legal control which prohibits owners of the premises from […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Business, Udon News
- 11/05/2018 Bangkok lane-change crackdown nets 50,000 offenders in two days In the first two days following a strict ban on the practice, Bangkok traffic police issued more than 50,000 tickets to motorists at 15 flyovers and underpasses for illegally changing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 16/02/2017 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake Udon Thani The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 Swimming pool Holiday Rental Accommodation in Udon Thani Your own private villa with Swimming pool from 790 baht per day. Car Rental option 750 baht per day. Call 0868 592 986 to book today You have private BBQ area as well and poolside […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News, Udon News
- 11/04/2018 Bangkok Some 42,000 auto and motorbike orders placed at Motor Show, far higher than last year Bangkok Some 42,000 auto and motorbike orders placed at Motor Show, far higher than last year. More than 36,000 orders were placed for new automobiles at this year’s “Bangkok […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News
- 23/06/2018 Travel Money Card Travel Money Card A prepaid multi-currency card that lets you load up to 13 different currencies. Get your card today and you’ll also get 25% off Travel Insurance.* Travel Money […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES