Eating in Isaan
- Veg and Chilli Dip (Nam Prik Pak) …
- Pork Skillet Barbecue (Moo Krata) …
- Rice Whisky (Lao Khao, ) …
- Sweet Sticky Rice (Khao Niao Wan, ข้าวเหนียวหวาน) …
- Steamed Pork (Moo Yor, ยำหมูยอ) …
- Leaf Wraps (Miang Kham, เมี่ยงคำ) …
- Steamed Curry Cakes (Hor Mok)
- Isan food, in which glutinous rice (Thai: ข้าวเหนียว, khao niao) and chilli peppers are prominent, is distinct from central Thai cuisine, though it is now found throughout the kingdom. Sticky rice is a staple of northeastern cuisine and it accompanies most meals.
ant egg salads, street food counters lined with entrails, carts filled with bugs. I fully understand why visitors to Thailand can be put off by Isaan food. As not all of it is appealing and much is the complete opposite. But bravado and beetle munching aside, Isaan food does offer much of the best eating in Thailand, and it is very easy to track down in Bangkok. And while I do spend much of my time in Isaan’s rural rice fields, the Isaan stables are not always so widely available, as village shops and vendors often just specialise in one or two varying Thai dishes. Whereas Bangkok will always have Isaan specific restaurants at near every other corner. Anyway, this is my Top 10 Isaan Food guide sharing the staples of Northeastern Thailand. Note, Isaan food (or at least salads) will be eaten with sticky rice, and sides of white cabbage (Pak Gad Khao), sweet basil (Horapa), and Long Beans (Tua Fak Yao).
Minced Pork Salad (Laab Moo, ลาบหมู)
Originating from Laos this fiery minced pork salad is the big favourite in Isaan food. While there are variations the most popular Laab comes as a stir-fried minced pork dish with shallots, coriander and mint leaves. Seasoned with the salty of fish sauce and the sour of lime juice. Note Lab is at times found with raw uncooked meat. I would strongly advise against it.
We have so many Choices what to eat and Drink.
If you fancy a nice low-cost Holiday and Enjoy to try local food from the city or village welcome come to stay with us
We have Villas apartments all with self-catering and Kitchens
- 07/01/2019 UdonThani Sunset and Sun Rise Welcomed to view our photos. Sunset and Sunrise in UdonThani 6 am UdonThani at Udon Country club. Welcome to come and Visit Us. 0868 592 986
Posted in Uncategorized, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 11/06/2018 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake UdonThani The Red Lotus Sea or is known in Thai as “Thalay Bua Daeng”
Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี”
Lotus lake UdonThani
Here is Some photos and Information on the Tourist […] Posted in Travel, Udon News, Places to visit in UdonThani
- 16/02/2018 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake Udon Thani The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง […] Posted in Travel, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake Udon Thani The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 20/02/2018 More gustatory treats for Phuket The Nai Harn, the luxury hotel overlooking pristine Nai Harn Beach, raises the bar for food and beverage with the appointment of new chef de cuisine, David Attwater. Posted in Food
- 23/06/2018 Travel Money Card
Travel Money Card
A prepaid multi-currency card that lets you load up to 13 different currencies. Get your card today and you’ll also get 25% off Travel Insurance.*
Travel Money […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 07/04/2018 The annual motor bike Phuket Bike Week 2018 The annual Phuket Bike Week 2018 turns 24 this year and is again scheduled in two parts at two locations in Phuket, starting with four days of activities at Patong Beach during April 11 to […] Posted in News, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 20/02/2018 Sheratonâs Basil explores Isaan tastes At Basil, one of the restaurants at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in Bangkok, Chef Kesinee has a new regional set lunch called Isaan Explorer, an introduction to the authentic cuisine of […] Posted in Food
- 28/04/2018 Big Rice sales this 1st quarter. 2.8 million tonnes of rice were exported during the first quarter of the year 2.8 million tonnes of rice were exported during the first quarter of the year and, for the whole year, about ten million tonnes of rice are expected to be exported making Thailand the […] Posted in Food, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 16/03/2018 CONTINUED CRACKDOWN SEES ARREST OF 122 FOREIGNERS In Bangkok Thailand BANGKOK — More than 120 foreigners were arrested early Thursday morning in Bangkok’s Bang Rak area.
At about 1:30am, 122 foreigners were taken to the Bang Rak Police Station to hear […] Posted in Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 20/02/2018 A feast like no other A four-day food, wine and wellness extravaganza dubbed the Asian Organic Gourmet Festival (AOGF) is being organised by the 137 Pillars Suites & Residences on Sukhumvit Soi 39 in the heart […] Posted in Food
- 13/05/2018 Chiang Rai is a city in northern Thailand, in the mountainous province of the same name Chiang Rai is a city in northern Thailand, in the mountainous province of the same name. They city is near the borders of Laos and Myanmar (formerly Burma). Wat Phra Kaew is a royal temple […] Posted in Reviews, Travel
- 28/04/2018 Thailand Photos and Information Temples shrines and Buddhist buildings Thai Buddhist temple or monastery is not just one building, but a collection of buildings, shrines, and monuments within a courtyard
The Phutthawat is the area which is […] Posted in Travel, Thailand Photos
- 28/03/2018 Wat Pa Phu Kon Ban Kong Sleeping Buddha Location: Udon,Thani,Thailand
Wat […] Posted in Travel
- 16/02/2017 Cost of Living in Udon Thani for expats List of prices in Udon Thani (Thailand) for food, housing, transportation, going out, and more on Jul 2017. Compare the Cost of Living in Udon Thani with any other city in the […] Posted in Udon News
- 20/02/2018 Up close and personal with Nigel Benn Former British professional boxer Nigel Benn comes to Thailand just before the Songkran holidays and âmeet and greetâ fans at Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok on April 12 at 8pm. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Best in the kitchen The Okura Prestige Bangkok is bringing back its hit cooking competition for Thai culinary students for a second year and like last year, the winner will benefit from an educational trip to […] Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Holland & Barrett has become the first high street store to stock medical cannabis oil in the UK. Health food chain Holland & Barrett has become the first high street store to stock medical cannabis oil in the UK.
According to the Cannabis Trades Association UK, the number of […] Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Italian magic, weekends only PaN Bake & Bistro has one owner stationed in Milan, scooping up great food ideas Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 A festival of treats from Dean & Deluca Dean & Deluca, gourmet food and beverage brand from New York, welcomes both Chinese New Year and Valentineâs Day with gourmet delights to tease the taste buds. Posted in Food
- 24/02/2018 Thai cooking made easy Following on from CNN Travelâs recommendation of 40 Thai dishes we should all enjoy, the Thailand Foundation has thus launched a series of video clips teaching the world how to make them. Posted in Food