Gold prices down B50 to B19,850
The Gold Traders Association this morning announced the buying prices at 19,389.64 baht per baht-weight for gold ornaments and 19,750 baht per baht-weight for gold bar. The selling prices were set at 20,350 baht per baht-weight for gold ornaments.
Quote of the Day
“I also found myself thinking: the English may finally have decided they have had enough of their experiment with the American financial way of life. If what happened in the Western world financial system had happened at another time in history, there would have been an obvious political response: a revolt against the Roger Younts of the world and, more generally, the grotesque inequities spawned by the putatively free financial marketplace. If the memory of British socialism wasn’t so fresh—if people didn’t still recall just how dreary London felt in 1980—they’d be pulling down the big banks, and redistributing the wealth of the bankers, and it would be hard to find a good argument to stop them from doing it. The absence of the satisfying political response to the financial crisis is due, at least in part, to the absence of an ideological vessel to put it in. No one wants to go forward in the same direction we’ve been heading, but no one wants to turn back either. We’re all trapped, left with, at best, the hope that our elites might experience some kind of moral transformation.” – Michael Lewis, author, The Big Short and Moneyball
- 04/05/2018 Ganga Seized on the Mekong River 200Kgs 200kg of ganja seized on Mekong riverbank
A navy patrol seized 200kg of compressed marijuana worth about 4 million baht on the bank of the Mekong River in Ban Phaeng district overnight, […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 16/02/2017 Swimming pool Holiday Rental Accommodation in Udon Thani Your own private villa with Swimming pool from 790 baht per day. Car Rental option 750 baht per day.
Call 0868 592 986 to book today
You have private BBQ area as well and poolside […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News, Udon News
- 22/04/2018 American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport. American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport ‘because his flight was cancelled’
American tried to buy his way out of the rap by offering full compensation payments to the victim. Surasak said […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, TOP STORIES
- 28/04/2018 Big Rice sales this 1st quarter. 2.8 million tonnes of rice were exported during the first quarter of the year 2.8 million tonnes of rice were exported during the first quarter of the year and, for the whole year, about ten million tonnes of rice are expected to be exported making Thailand the […] Posted in Food, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 10/07/2018 Cave Rescue 8 boys out now today lets hope to complete the task 5 more to be saved. 8 people out now 5 to go let's hope everything turns out good today
Cave rescue: Divers ready to save the remaining five Thais
Divers are preparing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 11/04/2018 Udon Thani Songkran party will be a splash UD Town, a lifestyle shopping mall in Udon Thani province, will present a water-splashing war during the UD Town Wonder Water Land Songkran 2018 festival beginning on Thursday and running […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 03/07/2018 British divers find 12 children and their football coach missing for nine days in Thai cave Twelve Thai boys and their football coach were on Monday found miraculously alive in a cave complex by two British divers after surviving for nine days cut off by flood waters inside a […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 14/04/2018 Longer holidays blamed for more road accidents in Thailand 555 Longer holidays blamed for more road accidents in Thailand 555 How many people go to events even for Government and take the car and get Drunk then drive home ?
The problem will never […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 26/04/2018 Tap water and electricity fees at apartments come under legal control as of May 1 Starting on May 1, electricity and tap water fees at hostels, apartments or rented rooms in residential buildings will come under legal control which prohibits owners of the premises from […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Business, Udon News
- 03/04/2018 Thailand’s military Government plans to tax crypto currencies Thailand's military government wants to regulate the nascent cryptocurrency market, and slap investors dabbling in digital coins with taxes to prevent the expanding sector from being used […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Udon News
- 13/01/2019 Thailand Health Insurance Guide to buying Expat Medical Insurance in Thailand. Premiums start from 25,000 Baht per year.
Difference between travel insurance and expat insurance
If you are only going away for a […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, AEK UdonThani Private Hospital, Thailand Health Insurance
- 05/01/2019 Why people keep dying on Thailand’s roads Why people keep dying on Thailand's roads, the most lethal in Southeast Asia
Bangkok, Thailand (CNN)Driving in Thailand can be a hair-raising experience at the best of times, but during […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Road Accidents in Thailand
- 06/08/2018 White lotus-shaped pagoda in the lake, Buddhist in Ban Chiang, Udon Thani, Lotus Temple Ban-Chang-District--UdonThani Thailand.
Ban Chiang is an archaeological site in Nong Han District, Udon Thani Province, Thailand
white lotus-shaped pagoda in the lake, […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, White lotus temple pagoda in UdonThani
- 11/06/2018 Huge plot of military land in Isaan slated for growing “legal” ganja Thai Rath reported that a 5,000 rai area of military land in the Sakon Nakorn area of Thailand is being eyed for growing ganja.
Authorities are expected to soon be given the […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 07/04/2018 Russia And China Roll Out 100% Gold-Backed Currency Russia and China have outlined plans to create a 100 percent gold-backed currency system to replace the US dollar as the world’s dominant currency.
The Central Bank of Russia has been […] Posted in News, Local News, Latest
- 30/03/2018 How Rockefeller Founded Big Pharma And Waged War On Natural Cures Western medicine has some good points, and is great in an emergency, but it’s high time people realized that today’s mainstream medicine (western medicine or allopathy), with its focus on […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Local News, Health
- 06/05/2018 Action plan being drafted to help national parks use clean, cheap energy An action plan to develop cheaper and environmentally friendly power supply for national parks nationwide is being drafted in a joint venture involving the Department of National Park, […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 01/01/2019 New Year Honours 2019: Cave divers honoured for Thai rescue Divers who helped save 12 schoolboys and their football coach from a flooded cave in Thailand have been recognised in the New Year Honours.
John Volanthen, from Bristol, and Richard […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Local News
- 06/05/2018 In Thailand Over 90 percent of water vending machines are unhygienic
The Foundation for Consumers has urged the City Administration to shut down the operations of many water vending machines in Bangkok, alleging that they were not registered and are […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 19/04/2018 2 dead elephants killed in 6 months on electric fence, Thai police hunt ‘elephant electrocutioner’
Thai police are looking for a pineapple farm worker suspected of setting up an electric fence that has killed two wild elephants in the past […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 12/05/2018 Laem Ka Beach, Phuket access road closed Laem Ka Beach, Phuket — No More 💔 Access closed
Bad news about the beach, loved by many guests and residents of Phuket - Laem Ka. The owners of the territory adjacent to the beach […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest