Hua Hin railway station is a train station located in Hua Hin Subdistrict, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, and is located 212.99 kilometres from Thon Buri railway station. It is a class 1 railway station on the Southern Line opened in 1911
Built during the reign of King Rama VI, and only a short distance from the centre of town, Hua Hin’s railway station and adjacent royal waiting room are undeniably attractive. The brightly painted wooden buildings that are Thai in concept and design somehow manage to have a ‘Victorian’ feel to them. The story about the birth of Hua Hin as a royal seaside getaway town would be incomplete without a mention of this historic railway station. Back in the early days, there was no road access to this idyllic beach town, and train travel was a new and delightful alternative to get from Bangkok to Hua Hin instead of by boat.
A Brief History – The Birth of Hua Hin With the train station in place and the northern-southern rail line connecting Bangkok and as far south as Singapore in 1921, the town was gradually built around it. European expatriates would travel from Penang and Singapore to enjoy a seaside vacation in Hua Hin. A road was constructed from the train station to the beach where the town’s first luxury hotel – The Hua Hin Hotel Siam – once stood. The hotel, designed by Italian architect A Rigazzi and operated by the Royal Siamese Railway (RSR), has two storeys and boasts elegant colonial-style architecture with verandahs on either side. Today, it has become part of the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin and Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa. By 1926, Hua Hin was pretty much set to be a popular seaside town, complete with the train station, luxury hotel, two royal palaces (Klai Kang Won and Maruekhathaiyawan) and a nine-hole golf course (laid out in 1921).
Take the Train North to UdonThani for a nice Holiday at our new HOTEL RESORT
If you fancy a Holiday in North Thailand we have apartments rooms and villas with pool
From 349 baht per day to 1499 baht for a private pool villa and car rental
Tel 0868 592 986
- 09/06/2018 Strange but True in Thailand never use your feet Never Use Your Feet
Of all the things not to do in Thailand, pointing with or using your feet is one of the biggest faux pas. Feet are considered the lowest, dirtiest part of the body in […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Things not to do in Thailand
- 19/05/2018 BANGKOK AIRPORT SHUTTLE RIDE KHAOSAN TO SUVARNABHUMI FOR 60 BAHT ON NEW S1 BUSES BANGKOK — Starting Thursday, passengers can travel between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Khaosan Road on a bus ride that only costs about as much as the surcharge to use an airport taxi.
At […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 06/08/2018 UdonThani Night market, UD Night Market, Udon Thani
Udon Thani, Udon Thani’s Night Market Scene,
UD Night Market, Udon Thani. UD Night Market and other Udon Thani attractions.
Udon Thani’s Centrepoint night market is my favourite one […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udtown Night market UdonThani
- 19/05/2018 BANGKOK NEW SHUTTLE ROUTES TO DON MUEANG AIRPORT TO OPEN MONDAY BANGKOK — Getting between downtown to Don Mueang International Airport will become easier when two new airport shuttle routes launch Monday.
For 50 baht, travel between the airport and […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Latest
- 19/04/2018 Watch :Â Video clips of sharks off Hua Hin beach that bit Norwegian tourist Thai authorities in Hua Hin, Prachuab Khiri Khan province, have finally admitted that the injuries suffered by a Norwegian tourist while swimming off a Hua Hin beach were made by a shark. Posted in News
- 29/03/2018 New Money out in Thailand on the 6th april coins featuring the portrait of His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun will be put in circulation on April 6.
King Rama X coins, notes to debut on April 6. The […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 10/06/2018 Wat Pothisomphon Temple in UdonThani
20th-century Buddhist temple complex featuring a gilded central chedi with a viewing platform.
Address: Ban Lueam, Mueang Udon Thani District, Udon Thani […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Local News
- 28/03/2018 King Rama X coins, notes to debut on April 6 King Rama X coins, notes to debut on April 6. The first coins to be issued marking the reign of King Rama X will be put into circulation on April 6, Finance Minister Apisak Tantivorawong […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 07/01/2019 UdonThani Sunset and Sun Rise Welcomed to view our photos. Sunset and Sunrise in UdonThani 6 am UdonThani at Udon Country club. Welcome to come and Visit Us. 0868 592 986
Posted in Uncategorized, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 14/04/2018 The Ultimate Guide to Songkran 2018 When is Songkran? Before Thailand adopted the international New Year's Day in 1940, Songkran was calculated based on the solar calendar, which varied from one year to the next. […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 25/04/2018 Thai art and culture prospered under King Rama IX The Royal Narai Song Suban barge, Pattayaâs Khao Chi Chan Buddha and the grand scene âKhon Yok Robâ (Masked Danceâs Fighting Scene), are among âThe Great Thai Arts and Culture in […] Posted in News
- 08/04/2018 Actress killed in car crash in Ayutthaya BMW hits a tree Actress was killed when her BMW car crashed into a tree on a roadside in Ayutthaya province on Saturday morning.
Natnicha Cherdchubupphakaree, 21, died when her car plunged […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 02/04/2018 Study reveals shocking extent of dangerous driving in Thailand Cargo trucks and public transport buses in Thailand were found to have been speeding beyond the legal limit on more than 17 million occasions last year, according to a GPS-based study by a […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 18/03/2018 Man dies of rabies in Hua Hin Man dies of rabies in Hua Hin
61-year-old man was bitten by a cat two months ago and had not sought vaccination afterwards. He died at Hua Hin Hospital on Wednesday night.
Samples of […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Latest
- 22/04/2018 Why bull sharks are a fast VANISHING BREED IT WAS AN unlucky day for Norwegian tourist Werner Danielsen after he went to swim in the sea off Sai Noi Beach in the popular tourist town of Hua Hin, in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, last Sunday. Posted in News
- 19/04/2018 Hua Hin beach under watch after shark attack admitted Authorities were on Wednesday keeping a close watch on popular Hua Hin Beach in Prachuap Khiri Khan after it was confirmed that a Norwegian tourist was attacked by a shark there on Sunday. Posted in News
- 01/05/2018 Governor denies shark bit South Korean in Hua Hin Governor denies shark bit South Korean in Hua Hin
PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: Provincial authorities have denied reports that a South Korean tourist was bitten by a shark off the same beach […] Posted in News, Local News, Latest
- 28/03/2018 Thailand’s Cabinet approves high-speed train project Cabinet approves high-speed train project linking 3 main airports
The Cabinet on Tuesday gave the go-ahead for a 200-billion-baht high-speed train network connecting three international […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News
- 07/03/2018 Green light for Bang Sue station development The Public-Private Partnership Committee meeting on Wednesday approved in principle the State Railways of Thailandâs plan to commercially develop Plot A of the agencyâs land plot in […] Posted in Business
- 13/05/2018 Brit tourist in Phuket taxi accident rescued from B1.5mn medical bills No insurance Cover. A campaign to raise funds for a British woman who suffered a broken back and multiple other serious internal injuries when a truck slammed into head-on into the Phuket taxi she and her […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Health, Latest
- 10/07/2018 Recovery divers have pulled 42 bodies from the sea off the resort island of … Phuket Recovery divers have pulled 42 bodies from the sea off the resort island of ... Phuket boat accident: Death toll climbs to 41, 15 still missing.
Distraught relatives descended on a Thai […] Posted in Uncategorized, News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest