Newly-bought vehicles that carry temporary red license plates will be banned from streets starting in June if a draft law is enacted, the Land Transport Department chief said on Monday.
Sanit Promwong, director general of the Land Transport Department, said a draft law to implement the ban was being reviewed by the Office of the Council of State and would be debated at public hearings as required by Article 77 of the new Constitution.
He said the law was expected to be enacted in June, after which all new vehicles must have been registered to have license plates before they can be driven.
Currently, new vehicles can be driven for up to 30 days with temporary plates, while the permanent ones are being registered.
Pending the new law’s enactment, the owner of any vehicle that continues to carry red license plates after the 30-day leniency period will face a fine of Bt10,000, Sanit said.
He added that his department had streamlined the registration process and it could be completed in just one day.
- 07/01/2019 UdonThani Sunset and Sun Rise Welcomed to view our photos. Sunset and Sunrise in UdonThani 6 am UdonThani at Udon Country club. Welcome to come and Visit Us. 0868 592 986
Posted in Uncategorized, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 10/03/2018 China set to internationalize yuan & open financial markets – head of People’s Bank Beijing is set to further internationalize the yuan, including through the opening of the country’s financial markets, according to the Governor of the People’s Bank of China (PBC) Zhou […] Posted in Business, General, Udon News
- 11/06/2018 Overstaying in Thailand. Anyone with a lengthy overstay, over 90 days, will be banned from re-entering the Kingdom of Thailand Overstaying in Thailand
According to Ministry of Interior’s Order 1/2558 Regarding Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Admission to the Kingdom of Thailand. The minimum charge is 500 Baht […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, General
- 16/02/2017 5,000 years of history, at Ban Chiang World Heritage site UdonThani Ban Chiang is an archeological site in Nong Han District, Udon Thani Province, Thailand. It has been on the UNESCO world heritage list since 1992. Discovered in 1966, the site attracted […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, General
- 11/04/2018 Songkran Festival in Udon Thani 2018 updates We wish the people of Udon Thani and Thailand a fun, happy and healthy Thai new year / Songkran 2018! An appeal to all those who love water fights and powder: not all people share the joy […] Posted in News, FEATURED, General, TOP STORIES
- 11/05/2018 New “Lane Change” cameras reveal extent of bad driving on Thai roads – 14,000 caught on first day New "Lane Change" cameras
hai Rath reported that more than 14,000 drivers had been caught breaking the law by newly installed CCTV cameras on the very first day.
The […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News
- 19/05/2018 Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine in Chiang Rai province last night CHIANG RAI
Suspects escape but troops seize 7.8 million methamphetamine pills and 50 kg of 'ice'.
Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 28/03/2018 Thailand’s Cabinet approves high-speed train project Cabinet approves high-speed train project linking 3 main airports
The Cabinet on Tuesday gave the go-ahead for a 200-billion-baht high-speed train network connecting three international […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake Udon Thani The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 09/06/2018 Things not to do in Thailand Hug a Monk Don’t Hug Monks
Monks are highly respected in Thailand and therefore it is forbidden to stand over or be positioned higher than a monk. Monks aren’t not even allowed to touch women. If a […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, General
- 09/06/2018 Retirement Home in UdonThani Over 50s We have Villas apartments and rooms With Self Catering or you can have home cooking
We also have Doctors and Nurses who can look after your medical needs in Thailand
Prices start at […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News, Retirement homes UdonThani
- 03/04/2018 Thailand’s military Government plans to tax crypto currencies Thailand's military government wants to regulate the nascent cryptocurrency market, and slap investors dabbling in digital coins with taxes to prevent the expanding sector from being used […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Udon News
- 26/04/2018 Tap water and electricity fees at apartments come under legal control as of May 1 Starting on May 1, electricity and tap water fees at hostels, apartments or rented rooms in residential buildings will come under legal control which prohibits owners of the premises from […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Business, Udon News
- 02/01/2019 Dual pricing: Popular Pattaya golf club overcharging foreigners A golf club in Pattaya has been criticized for overcharging foreigners.
An angry expat golfer, who didn’t wish to be named contacted Thaivisa to voice his disappointment at […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Udon News, Golf Courses
- 16/02/2017 Swimming pool Holiday Rental Accommodation in Udon Thani Your own private villa with Swimming pool from 790 baht per day. Car Rental option 750 baht per day.
Call 0868 592 986 to book today
You have private BBQ area as well and poolside […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News, Udon News
- 11/05/2018 Bangkok lane-change crackdown nets 50,000 offenders in two days In the first two days following a strict ban on the practice, Bangkok traffic police issued more than 50,000 tickets to motorists at 15 flyovers and underpasses for illegally changing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 10/05/2018 TICKET CAMS TO BUST BANGKOK’S LANE CUTTERS TICKET CAMS TO BUST BANGKOK’S LANE CUTTERS.
They should be fitted in every city and the min fine 1000 baht per offence.
It’s Friday evening and the commute home is more exhausting than […] Posted in News, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 09/03/2018 Punters flock to newly-opened sex doll brothel amid legal gray area newly-opened sex doll brothel This one is in London but why would it not work in Asia ?
A “revolutionary” erotic experience is being offered in London and, according to punters, it’s […] Posted in FEATURED, Latest, Udon News
- 03/04/2018 DOW drops almost 460 points on news of China tariffs & Trump slamming Amazon The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 458 points down, as Beijing slapped tariffs on US imports in retaliation for US steel and aluminum tariffs and President Donald Trump blasted online […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 11/04/2018 Bangkok Some 42,000 auto and motorbike orders placed at Motor Show, far higher than last year Bangkok Some 42,000 auto and motorbike orders placed at Motor Show, far higher than last year.
More than 36,000 orders were placed for new automobiles at this year’s “Bangkok […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News
- 02/04/2018 Gold glitters & dollar declines as US-China trade war escalates The price of the traditional safe haven gold increased on Monday after Beijing introduced retaliatory measures against American goods coming to China.
Gold breaking out […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES