The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง (the Red Lotus Sea)” occupies 20,000 rai (8,000 acre) and it is a significant source of water for the Nam Pao River, the lifeline of the Udonthani province.
The lake is very shallow, mostly not exceeding a depth of one meter, but the unique feature of this lake is thousands of red lotus flowers sprout and completely transform the surface of Lake Nong Harn into a romantic dreamlike lake.
Dec Jan and Feb Are the best time to go and Visit
Nong Han Kumphawapi is located north of the town Kumphawapi, Kumphawapi district in Udon Thani Province.
The lake is about 50 kilometers away from Udon Thani. The access point to the lake is in a village Ban Diam, which is just south of PrajakSinlapakhom town. In Ban Diam village, the access to the lake is at the backside of the temple.
- 16/02/2018 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake Udon Thani The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง […] Posted in Travel, Udon News
- 11/06/2018 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake UdonThani The Red Lotus Sea or is known in Thai as “Thalay Bua Daeng”
Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี”
Lotus lake UdonThani
Here is Some photos and Information on the Tourist […] Posted in Travel, Udon News, Places to visit in UdonThani
- 07/01/2019 UdonThani Sunset and Sun Rise Welcomed to view our photos. Sunset and Sunrise in UdonThani 6 am UdonThani at Udon Country club. Welcome to come and Visit Us. 0868 592 986
Posted in Uncategorized, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 25/02/2018 Red Lotus Sea, UdonThani Thailand.Floating on the Red Lotus Sea in UdonThani Thailand,Talay Bua Daeng Red Lotus Sea, UdonThani Thailand.
Floating on the Red Lotus Sea in UdonThani Thailand.
Talay Bua Daeng
The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News
- 23/06/2018 Travel Money Card
Travel Money Card
A prepaid multi-currency card that lets you load up to 13 different currencies. Get your card today and you’ll also get 25% off Travel Insurance.*
Travel Money […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 07/04/2018 The annual motor bike Phuket Bike Week 2018 The annual Phuket Bike Week 2018 turns 24 this year and is again scheduled in two parts at two locations in Phuket, starting with four days of activities at Patong Beach during April 11 to […] Posted in News, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 06/08/2018 White lotus-shaped pagoda in the lake, Buddhist in Ban Chiang, Udon Thani, Lotus Temple Ban-Chang-District--UdonThani Thailand.
Ban Chiang is an archaeological site in Nong Han District, Udon Thani Province, Thailand
white lotus-shaped pagoda in the lake, […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, White lotus temple pagoda in UdonThani
- 13/06/2018 Eating food in Thailand has a mixed choice Eating in Isaan
Veg and Chilli Dip (Nam Prik Pak) ...
Pork Skillet Barbecue (Moo Krata) ...
Rice Whisky (Lao Khao, ) ...
Sweet Sticky Rice (Khao Niao Wan, ข้าวเหนียวหวาน) […] Posted in Travel, Food, Udon News
- 10/06/2018 Wat Pothisomphon Temple in UdonThani
20th-century Buddhist temple complex featuring a gilded central chedi with a viewing platform.
Address: Ban Lueam, Mueang Udon Thani District, Udon Thani […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Local News
- 16/02/2017 5,000 years of history, at Ban Chiang World Heritage site UdonThani Ban Chiang is an archeological site in Nong Han District, Udon Thani Province, Thailand. It has been on the UNESCO world heritage list since 1992. Discovered in 1966, the site attracted […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, General
- 16/02/2017 New vehicles with temporary license plates to be banned Newly-bought vehicles that carry temporary red license plates will be banned from streets starting in June if a draft law is enacted, the Land Transport Department chief said on Monday.
[…] Posted in FEATURED, General, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 Swimming pool Holiday Rental Accommodation in Udon Thani Your own private villa with Swimming pool from 790 baht per day. Car Rental option 750 baht per day.
Call 0868 592 986 to book today
You have private BBQ area as well and poolside […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News, Udon News
- 26/04/2018 Tap water and electricity fees at apartments come under legal control as of May 1 Starting on May 1, electricity and tap water fees at hostels, apartments or rented rooms in residential buildings will come under legal control which prohibits owners of the premises from […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Business, Udon News
- 19/05/2018 Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine in Chiang Rai province last night CHIANG RAI
Suspects escape but troops seize 7.8 million methamphetamine pills and 50 kg of 'ice'.
Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 28/03/2018 Wat Pa Phu Kon Ban Kong Sleeping Buddha Location: Udon,Thani,Thailand
Wat […] Posted in Travel
- 01/01/2019 Thailand Storm warnings for southern provinces The Meteorological Department has issued the first storm warning of the year in the southern region, including provinces popular with tourists, while other parts of the country will see […] Posted in FEATURED, Events, Storm Warnings
- 16/02/2017 Leks Fishing Park in Udon Thani Lek’s Specimen Fishing Park ( Private Fishing Lake For Hire )
Thai Fresh Water Fish Species at Lek’s Ranch – Fishing Lake Udon Thani
The lake boasts over 40 different fish species […] Posted in Udon News
- 15/04/2018 113,960 drink drivers arrested in Thailand 248 dead 113,960 drink drivers arrested and 2,991 vehicles seized in three days 248 dead and 2557 Injured so far this year.
Posted in News, Travel, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 12/06/2018 Giant Skeletons have been found in Many places Human giants are not entirely a product of legend in our history. André the Giant is one of the more well-known instances of a man of superhuman proportions and strength who walked among […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Local News
- 20/02/2018 UdonThani Tourist Attractions UdonThani Tourist Attractions
We have so many places to Visit, And will add lots more soon
Wat Pa Khae Phutthapra Si Siam Nong Na Kham, Mueang Udon […] Posted in Udon News
- 11/05/2018 New “Lane Change” cameras reveal extent of bad driving on Thai roads – 14,000 caught on first day New "Lane Change" cameras
hai Rath reported that more than 14,000 drivers had been caught breaking the law by newly installed CCTV cameras on the very first day.
The […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News