New “Lane Change” cameras
hai Rath reported that more than 14,000 drivers had been caught breaking the law by newly installed CCTV cameras on the very first day.
The cameras have been installed at 15 spots in Bangkok to stop dangerous and annoying lane changing moves.
The idea is twofold – help with enforcing the law to encourage better driving and circumventing corrupt police who take bribes instead of fining people.
If all the people caught were to pay the fines of up to 1,000 baht that would mean a 14 million baht windfall.
Some 14,710 offenders were trapped on Wednesday, the first day of operation.
Fines will be in the post.
Source: Thai Rath
Accommodation in UdonThani low low prices high quality Welcome to come stay with Us
- 11/05/2018 Bangkok lane-change crackdown nets 50,000 offenders in two days In the first two days following a strict ban on the practice, Bangkok traffic police issued more than 50,000 tickets to motorists at 15 flyovers and underpasses for illegally changing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 07/01/2019 UdonThani Sunset and Sun Rise Welcomed to view our photos. Sunset and Sunrise in UdonThani 6 am UdonThani at Udon Country club. Welcome to come and Visit Us. 0868 592 986 Posted in Uncategorized, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 10/05/2018 TICKET CAMS TO BUST BANGKOK’S LANE CUTTERS TICKET CAMS TO BUST BANGKOK’S LANE CUTTERS. They should be fitted in every city and the min fine 1000 baht per offence. It’s Friday evening and the commute home is more exhausting than […] Posted in News, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 15/05/2018 Lane-changing offences nearing 100,000 after four days of camera work Just four days after a strict ban on the practice was implemented, Bangkok traffic police had issued nearly 100,000 tickets to motorists at 18 flyovers and underpasses for illegally […] Posted in FEATURED, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 03/04/2018 Thailand’s military Government plans to tax crypto currencies Thailand's military government wants to regulate the nascent cryptocurrency market, and slap investors dabbling in digital coins with taxes to prevent the expanding sector from being used […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 New vehicles with temporary license plates to be banned Newly-bought vehicles that carry temporary red license plates will be banned from streets starting in June if a draft law is enacted, the Land Transport Department chief said on Monday. […] Posted in FEATURED, General, Udon News
- 26/04/2018 Tap water and electricity fees at apartments come under legal control as of May 1 Starting on May 1, electricity and tap water fees at hostels, apartments or rented rooms in residential buildings will come under legal control which prohibits owners of the premises from […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Business, Udon News
- 11/04/2018 Bangkok Some 42,000 auto and motorbike orders placed at Motor Show, far higher than last year Bangkok Some 42,000 auto and motorbike orders placed at Motor Show, far higher than last year. More than 36,000 orders were placed for new automobiles at this year’s “Bangkok […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 Swimming pool Holiday Rental Accommodation in Udon Thani Your own private villa with Swimming pool from 790 baht per day. Car Rental option 750 baht per day. Call 0868 592 986 to book today You have private BBQ area as well and poolside […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News, Udon News
- 22/03/2018 Thai Police to Ban Water Splashing on Main and Secondary Roads During Songkran Thai Police to Ban Water Splashing on main public Roads and Secondary roads. What next ban all the fun in Thailand. The Royal Thai Police have reported they will impose a total ban […] Posted in Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 15/04/2018 113,960 drink drivers arrested in Thailand 248 dead 113,960 drink drivers arrested and 2,991 vehicles seized in three days 248 dead and 2557 Injured so far this year. Posted in News, Travel, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 15/04/2018 Almost 60,000 drink drivers nabbed in two days of Songkran festival Thailand 2018 close to 60,000 drink drivers nabbed in two days of Songkran festival. The number of drink drivers arrested by officials in the past three days since April 11 has jumped to […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Drinks, Local News
- 27/12/2018 Drivers Face Blood Tests For Alcohol Drivers suspected to be drunk will be forced to undergo blood tests for alcohol especially during the festive period. The Transport Ministry and Road Safe Fund have earmarked Bt69 million […] Posted in Local News, Udon News
- 28/03/2018 Thailand’s Cabinet approves high-speed train project Cabinet approves high-speed train project linking 3 main airports The Cabinet on Tuesday gave the go-ahead for a 200-billion-baht high-speed train network connecting three international […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News
- 02/01/2019 Thailand road accidents over the last 7 days and Deaths The first five of the "seven dangerous days" of New Year travel has seen 2,761 road accidents, 314 deaths and 2,848 people injured. Lots less due to the massive Amount of Drink Driver […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 02/01/2019 Dual pricing: Popular Pattaya golf club overcharging foreigners A golf club in Pattaya has been criticized for overcharging foreigners. An angry expat golfer, who didn’t wish to be named contacted Thaivisa to voice his disappointment at […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Udon News, Golf Courses
- 19/05/2018 Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine in Chiang Rai province last night CHIANG RAI Suspects escape but troops seize 7.8 million methamphetamine pills and 50 kg of 'ice'. Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 07/04/2018 The annual motor bike Phuket Bike Week 2018 The annual Phuket Bike Week 2018 turns 24 this year and is again scheduled in two parts at two locations in Phuket, starting with four days of activities at Patong Beach during April 11 to […] Posted in News, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 20/02/2018 Thailand Driver’s License Thailand Driver’s License. Informational Post about my recent experience with getting my Thailand Driver’s License. Once you obtain a non-immigrant visa or establish you are a resident […] Posted in Udon News
- 08/04/2018 Actress killed in car crash in Ayutthaya BMW hits a tree Actress was killed when her BMW car crashed into a tree on a roadside in Ayutthaya province on Saturday morning. Natnicha Cherdchubupphakaree, 21, died when her car plunged […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 19/05/2018 BANGKOK AIRPORT SHUTTLE RIDE KHAOSAN TO SUVARNABHUMI FOR 60 BAHT ON NEW S1 BUSES BANGKOK — Starting Thursday, passengers can travel between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Khaosan Road on a bus ride that only costs about as much as the surcharge to use an airport taxi. At […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES