Bangkok Biz News reported that chief of immigration Lt Gen Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn had turned his attention to tuk-tuks ripping off tourists in Chiang Mai.
The Lt Gen – whose domain far exceeds matters of immigration – also ordered the tourist police in the northern Thai city to check on the registration of vehicles ferrying tourists to and from temples and tourist attractions.
He had received reports of tuk-tuks from outside the city preying on tourists.
The cops in Chiang Mai heeded the call on Saturday by going to Wat Phra Singh where everything was found to be above board except for one driver who couldn’t produce a registration certificate saying his tuk-tuk was rented.
The Department of Land Transport is looking into that one.
Source: Bangkok Biz News
- 10/07/2018 All twelve boys and their coach have been rescued, after being trapped in a cave in Thailand for 18 days What we know so far All twelve boys and their coach have been rescued, after being trapped in a cave in Thailand for 18 days. The Thai Navy Seals, who have been running […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Local News, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 29/04/2018 Arrested for selling fake driving licenses and foreigner ID A former employee of the Department of Land Transport has been Arrested for selling fake licences and registration cards. […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 19/05/2018 Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine in Chiang Rai province last night CHIANG RAI Suspects escape but troops seize 7.8 million methamphetamine pills and 50 kg of 'ice'. Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 15/05/2018 Lane-changing offences nearing 100,000 after four days of camera work Just four days after a strict ban on the practice was implemented, Bangkok traffic police had issued nearly 100,000 tickets to motorists at 18 flyovers and underpasses for illegally […] Posted in FEATURED, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 11/05/2018 Bangkok lane-change crackdown nets 50,000 offenders in two days In the first two days following a strict ban on the practice, Bangkok traffic police issued more than 50,000 tickets to motorists at 15 flyovers and underpasses for illegally changing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 22/04/2018 American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport. American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport ‘because his flight was cancelled’ American tried to buy his way out of the rap by offering full compensation payments to the victim. Surasak said […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, TOP STORIES
- 01/03/2018 New Motorways all over Thailand New motor ways to be Built all over Thailand. The Thai highway network spans over 70,000 kilometers across all regions of Thailand. These highways, however, are often dual carriageways […] Posted in FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 11/04/2018 Songkran Festival in Udon Thani 2018 updates We wish the people of Udon Thani and Thailand a fun, happy and healthy Thai new year / Songkran 2018! An appeal to all those who love water fights and powder: not all people share the joy […] Posted in News, FEATURED, General, TOP STORIES
- 04/01/2019 Storm Pabuk: Tourists flee Thai islands after weather warnings Thousands of tourists and residents have reportedly fled islands off Thailand's south-east coast to escape an approaching tropical storm. Authorities have also been preparing shelters for […] Posted in FEATURED, TOP STORIES, Storm Warnings
- 23/06/2018 Travel Money Card Travel Money Card A prepaid multi-currency card that lets you load up to 13 different currencies. Get your card today and you’ll also get 25% off Travel Insurance.* Travel Money […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 19/05/2018 BANGKOK AIRPORT SHUTTLE RIDE KHAOSAN TO SUVARNABHUMI FOR 60 BAHT ON NEW S1 BUSES BANGKOK — Starting Thursday, passengers can travel between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Khaosan Road on a bus ride that only costs about as much as the surcharge to use an airport taxi. At […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 02/04/2018 Gold glitters & dollar declines as US-China trade war escalates The price of the traditional safe haven gold increased on Monday after Beijing introduced retaliatory measures against American goods coming to China. Read more Gold breaking out […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 12/05/2018 Big Fines now in Bangkok for traffic Offenders are you next to get Caught ? Drivers now without Licences in Pattaya for now 1000 baht Fines Rental Co will now pay 2000 baht […] Posted in FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 10/06/2018 Traffic points system will come in next year – red light infractions deemed only medium serious Traffic points system will come in next year - red light infractions deemed only medium serious Police have said that the points system for driving offences will definitely be introduced […] Posted in FEATURED, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 02/01/2019 Thailand road accidents over the last 7 days and Deaths The first five of the "seven dangerous days" of New Year travel has seen 2,761 road accidents, 314 deaths and 2,848 people injured. Lots less due to the massive Amount of Drink Driver […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 28/03/2018 King Rama X coins, notes to debut on April 6 King Rama X coins, notes to debut on April 6. The first coins to be issued marking the reign of King Rama X will be put into circulation on April 6, Finance Minister Apisak Tantivorawong […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 22/04/2018 Swingers party busted in Thailand 25 Swingers busted at an event and face charges. The party was in pattaya. 1500 baht for each couple to attend. The Hotel owner was arrested as well for opening without a […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 28/12/2018 A backpacker who broke her neck diving into a swimming pool in Thailand is back in the UK A backpacker who broke her neck diving into a swimming pool in Thailand is back in the UK, thanks to people donating more than £67,000. The money has gone towards Sophie Wilson's hospital […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 15/05/2018 Obtaining a Marriage Visa in Thailand and how to apply for it. Marriage Visa How to get it and what are the conditions? Foreigners who are legally married to a Thai national may apply for a non-immigrant visa based on marriage in Thailand. The […] Posted in Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 11/01/2019 New Requirements for ‘O’ Visa & Married ‘O’ Visa As many have heard the U.S. & U.K will no longer issue the “Income Statement” as proof of monthly income of the required 80,000, and 40,000 Baht respectively in lieu of the 800,00 and, […] Posted in Latest, TOP STORIES, Visa Warnings, Thai Visa 2019
- 02/01/2019 Thai Visa Advice 2019 Retirements Everything You Need to Know About the Thai Retirement Visa Updated 2019 What is a Thai Retirement Visa? New updates for 2019 Peoples Feedback for this Article. I have been here on a […] Posted in Udon News, TOP STORIES, Thai Visa Advice, Retirement Visa Thailand