BANGKOK — Starting Thursday, passengers can travel between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Khaosan Road on a bus ride that only costs about as much as the surcharge to use an airport taxi.
At a cost of 60 baht, the new S1 air-conditioned bus runs between BKK and the old quarter, including backpacker hub Khaosan Road and the Sanam Luang royal field.
At the airport, the bus will pick up passengers from Gate 7 on the first floor of the passenger terminal. The bus departs every half an hour between 6am and 8pm.
Read: New Shuttle Routes to Don Mueang Airport to Open Monday
From the airport, the bus will take the Sirat Expressway and exit at Yommarat junction. It will pass along Lan Luang Road and continue to Ratchadamnoen Avenue, passing the Democracy Monument.
It will turn right at the Khok Wua Junction to run pass Tanao Road, known by Khaosan regulars as the Burger King side of the road.
The bus will continue past Wat Bowonniwet, turn onto Phra Sumen Road, then turn onto Chakrabongse Road to pass by the other side of Khaosan at the Chana Songkhram Police Station.
It will go further under the Phra Pin Klao Bridge to stop at the World War 1 Monument near Sanam Luang.
For the return trip, the bus will run past Phra Athit Road before turning onto Chakrabongse Road to pick up passengers from the police station side of Khaosan Road before heading directly toward Ratchadamnoen Avenue.
The service comes a month after airport shuttles were launched for two routes from Don Mueang Airport to Sanam Luang and Lumpini park downtown.
If you are looking for good investments in UdonThani we are selling up. Condo units Villas Resort Hotel and land Welcome to make an offer
- 19/05/2018 BANGKOK NEW SHUTTLE ROUTES TO DON MUEANG AIRPORT TO OPEN MONDAY BANGKOK — Getting between downtown to Don Mueang International Airport will become easier when two new airport shuttle routes launch Monday.
For 50 baht, travel between the airport and […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Latest
- 02/01/2019 Thailand road accidents over the last 7 days and Deaths The first five of the "seven dangerous days" of New Year travel has seen 2,761 road accidents, 314 deaths and 2,848 people injured.
Lots less due to the massive Amount of Drink Driver […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 22/04/2018 American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport. American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport ‘because his flight was cancelled’
American tried to buy his way out of the rap by offering full compensation payments to the victim. Surasak said […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, TOP STORIES
- 28/12/2018 A backpacker who broke her neck diving into a swimming pool in Thailand is back in the UK A backpacker who broke her neck diving into a swimming pool in Thailand is back in the UK, thanks to people donating more than £67,000.
The money has gone towards Sophie Wilson's hospital […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 12/05/2018 Big Fines now in Bangkok for traffic Offenders are you next to get Caught ? Drivers now without Licences in Pattaya for now 1000 baht Fines Rental Co will now pay 2000 baht […] Posted in FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 15/05/2018 Lane-changing offences nearing 100,000 after four days of camera work Just four days after a strict ban on the practice was implemented, Bangkok traffic police had issued nearly 100,000 tickets to motorists at 18 flyovers and underpasses for illegally […] Posted in FEATURED, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 22/04/2018 Swingers party busted in Thailand 25 Swingers busted at an event and face charges. The party was in pattaya. 1500 baht for each couple to attend. The Hotel owner was arrested as well for opening without a […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 11/04/2018 Songkran Festival in Udon Thani 2018 updates We wish the people of Udon Thani and Thailand a fun, happy and healthy Thai new year / Songkran 2018! An appeal to all those who love water fights and powder: not all people share the joy […] Posted in News, FEATURED, General, TOP STORIES
- 23/06/2018 Travel Money Card
Travel Money Card
A prepaid multi-currency card that lets you load up to 13 different currencies. Get your card today and you’ll also get 25% off Travel Insurance.*
Travel Money […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 29/04/2018 Arrested for selling fake driving licenses and foreigner ID A former employee of the Department of Land Transport has been Arrested for selling fake licences and registration cards.
[…] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 11/05/2018 Bangkok lane-change crackdown nets 50,000 offenders in two days In the first two days following a strict ban on the practice, Bangkok traffic police issued more than 50,000 tickets to motorists at 15 flyovers and underpasses for illegally changing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 28/03/2018 King Rama X coins, notes to debut on April 6 King Rama X coins, notes to debut on April 6. The first coins to be issued marking the reign of King Rama X will be put into circulation on April 6, Finance Minister Apisak Tantivorawong […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 12/05/2018 Laem Ka Beach, Phuket access road closed Laem Ka Beach, Phuket — No More 💔 Access closed
Bad news about the beach, loved by many guests and residents of Phuket - Laem Ka. The owners of the territory adjacent to the beach […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 12/07/2018 Hua Hin Railway Station Hua Hin railway station is a train station located in Hua Hin Subdistrict, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, and is located 212.99 kilometres from Thon Buri railway station. […] Posted in FEATURED, Things not to do in Thailand
- 19/05/2018 Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine in Chiang Rai province last night CHIANG RAI
Suspects escape but troops seize 7.8 million methamphetamine pills and 50 kg of 'ice'.
Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 02/04/2018 Study reveals shocking extent of dangerous driving in Thailand Cargo trucks and public transport buses in Thailand were found to have been speeding beyond the legal limit on more than 17 million occasions last year, according to a GPS-based study by a […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 08/04/2018 Actress killed in car crash in Ayutthaya BMW hits a tree Actress was killed when her BMW car crashed into a tree on a roadside in Ayutthaya province on Saturday morning.
Natnicha Cherdchubupphakaree, 21, died when her car plunged […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 11/05/2018 New “Lane Change” cameras reveal extent of bad driving on Thai roads – 14,000 caught on first day New "Lane Change" cameras
hai Rath reported that more than 14,000 drivers had been caught breaking the law by newly installed CCTV cameras on the very first day.
The […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News
- 28/03/2018 Thailand’s Cabinet approves high-speed train project Cabinet approves high-speed train project linking 3 main airports
The Cabinet on Tuesday gave the go-ahead for a 200-billion-baht high-speed train network connecting three international […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News
- 04/01/2019 Storm Pabuk: Tourists flee Thai islands after weather warnings Thousands of tourists and residents have reportedly fled islands off Thailand's south-east coast to escape an approaching tropical storm.
Authorities have also been preparing shelters for […] Posted in FEATURED, TOP STORIES, Storm Warnings
- 01/03/2018 New Motorways all over Thailand New motor ways to be Built all over Thailand. The Thai highway network spans over 70,000 kilometers across all regions of Thailand. These highways, however, are often dual carriageways […] Posted in FEATURED, TOP STORIES