Samui cabbies told to use meters, end euro rip-off. Just Imagine the price in Bars.
SURAT THANI: Taxi drivers on Koh Samui have been ordered to use their meters instead of charging fixed fares that are identical in dollars and euros — effectively ripping off Europeans.
Please credit and share this article with others using this link:https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1602486/samui-cabbies-told-to-end-euro-rip-off. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Bangkok Post Public Company Limited. All rights reserved.
Another Horror Story. Its a Holiday Island with problems
Hired a moped from a shop called Asia Travel 1985 (travel agent also renting mopeds) on the south side of Chaweng Beach (38/43 Mu 3, Chaweng Beach Road), and realized that it had a flat tire soon after I left the shop. I took it back to the shop, and they charged me 3000THB to fix it! Realizing that they were trying to rip me off, I said that I would take it to a garage and fix it myself (which would only cost 100THB), but they wouldn’t let me do it since they only use a garage that they have a “special contract”. I complained as much as possible, but the shop would not return my passport if I didn’t pay. Starting to feel that it’s a waste of time (also knowing that police here would probably charge you another 3000THB to have a word with the shop!), I gave up and paid what they asked for. I think this shop is doing the same thing to other people too. A couple came in as I left. Although I couldn’t understand what they were saying (I think the couple was French), they were complaining about a flat tire. Scary to think that this shop is also a travel agent organizing various tours too. Don’t go to this shop if you don’t want to ruin your happy holiday mood. Takeshi, UK.
- 04/01/2019 Samui songthaew driver agrees to pay foreignerâs hospital bill after fight A FOREIGNER ended up in hospital after a fight broke out between foreign exchange students and taxi drivers at Chaweng beach road on Koh Samui after the New Year countdown. Posted in News
- 04/01/2019 Storm Pabuk: Tourists flee Thai islands after weather warnings Thousands of tourists and residents have reportedly fled islands off Thailand's south-east coast to escape an approaching tropical storm.
Authorities have also been preparing shelters for […] Posted in FEATURED, TOP STORIES, Storm Warnings
- 12/06/2018 Cost of Living in Thailand The cost of living in Thailand depends largely on the area in which you live and the quality of life you expect.
For the sake of this post, I am going to assume you want to live like a […] Posted in Cost of Living in Thailand
- 19/05/2018 BANGKOK AIRPORT SHUTTLE RIDE KHAOSAN TO SUVARNABHUMI FOR 60 BAHT ON NEW S1 BUSES BANGKOK — Starting Thursday, passengers can travel between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Khaosan Road on a bus ride that only costs about as much as the surcharge to use an airport taxi.
At […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 14/04/2018 This is what happens when they turn the meter on This is what happens when they turn the meter on, all is clear now why they are not willing to drive on meter...
in the next episode .. while somchai get scolded by DLT for no turning […] Posted in News, Local News, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 14/04/2018 The Ultimate Guide to Songkran 2018 When is Songkran? Before Thailand adopted the international New Year's Day in 1940, Songkran was calculated based on the solar calendar, which varied from one year to the next. […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 01/05/2018 Thaksin’s passport petition rejected The Supreme Administrative Court on Tuesday rejected former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's petition against the revocation of his passports, but restored passports for former deputy […] Posted in News, Local News, Latest, Politics, TOP STORIES
- 02/01/2019 Thailand road accidents over the last 7 days and Deaths The first five of the "seven dangerous days" of New Year travel has seen 2,761 road accidents, 314 deaths and 2,848 people injured.
Lots less due to the massive Amount of Drink Driver […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 05/01/2019 Tropical storm Pabuk Hits Thailand Tropical storm Pabuk Tropical Storm Pabuk buffets Thailand's east coast,
Thousands stranded on Thai islands as Tropical Storm Pabuk hits
Krabi, Thailand (CNN)Thousands of people were […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Latest, Storm Warnings, Thailand Weather, Tropical Storms
- 23/06/2018 Travel Money Card
Travel Money Card
A prepaid multi-currency card that lets you load up to 13 different currencies. Get your card today and you’ll also get 25% off Travel Insurance.*
Travel Money […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 22/04/2018 American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport. American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport ‘because his flight was cancelled’
American tried to buy his way out of the rap by offering full compensation payments to the victim. Surasak said […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, TOP STORIES
- 11/05/2018 Bangkok lane-change crackdown nets 50,000 offenders in two days In the first two days following a strict ban on the practice, Bangkok traffic police issued more than 50,000 tickets to motorists at 15 flyovers and underpasses for illegally changing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 22/03/2018 Beaches to Face Strict Rules to Undo Damage from Tourists
The Government of Thailand is planning to adopt drastic measures against increasing environmental damage caused by tourism on three popular islands in southern Thailand.
Starting in […] Posted in Uncategorized
- 11/04/2018 Trouble in Paradise: Tourism surge lashes Southeast Asia’s beaches Koh Phi Phi Ley - Hordes of tourists clamber across the white sand with selfie sticks as Thai park rangers wade into turquoise waters to direct boats charging into the cliff-ringed cove.Â Posted in News
- 01/05/2018 Governor denies shark bit South Korean in Hua Hin Governor denies shark bit South Korean in Hua Hin
PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: Provincial authorities have denied reports that a South Korean tourist was bitten by a shark off the same beach […] Posted in News, Local News, Latest
- 12/05/2018 Big Fines now in Bangkok for traffic Offenders are you next to get Caught ? Drivers now without Licences in Pattaya for now 1000 baht Fines Rental Co will now pay 2000 baht […] Posted in FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 15/05/2018 Lane-changing offences nearing 100,000 after four days of camera work Just four days after a strict ban on the practice was implemented, Bangkok traffic police had issued nearly 100,000 tickets to motorists at 18 flyovers and underpasses for illegally […] Posted in FEATURED, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 16/03/2018 CONTINUED CRACKDOWN SEES ARREST OF 122 FOREIGNERS In Bangkok Thailand BANGKOK — More than 120 foreigners were arrested early Thursday morning in Bangkok’s Bang Rak area.
At about 1:30am, 122 foreigners were taken to the Bang Rak Police Station to hear […] Posted in Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 13/05/2018 Brit tourist in Phuket taxi accident rescued from B1.5mn medical bills No insurance Cover. A campaign to raise funds for a British woman who suffered a broken back and multiple other serious internal injuries when a truck slammed into head-on into the Phuket taxi she and her […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Health, Latest
- 11/04/2018 Songkran Festival in Udon Thani 2018 updates We wish the people of Udon Thani and Thailand a fun, happy and healthy Thai new year / Songkran 2018! An appeal to all those who love water fights and powder: not all people share the joy […] Posted in News, FEATURED, General, TOP STORIES
- 25/05/2018 DRINK DRIVING FINES TO INCREASE FROM 10,000 BAHT TO 200,000 BAHT The present penalty rate for the same offence is 10,000 baht and or a year in jail, which according to the Thai police is not sufficient to stop the crime.
The tenurity of imprisonment […] Posted in News, Local News, TOP STORIES