Starting on May 1, electricity and tap water fees at hostels, apartments or rented rooms in residential buildings will come under legal control which prohibits owners of the premises from overcharging the utility fees.
The electricity and tap water fee control is in accordance with an announcement of the Consumer Protection Board which will come into force as of May 1, which was intended to protect consumers from being taken advantage of by owners of apartments, hostels or rented rooms who often overcharged their tenants.
Under the law, apartment owners cannot charge electricity and tap water above the rates charged by Metropolitan Electricity Authority in the case of Bangkok or the Provincial Electricity Authority in the case of other provinces.
Mr Pikanes Tapuang, deputy secretary-general of Office of Consumer Protection Board, warned on Wednesday (April 25) that owners of hostels, apartments or rented rooms who overcharge their tenants would face a maximum fine of up to 100,000 baht and/or one-year imprisonment.
- 07/01/2019 UdonThani Sunset and Sun Rise Welcomed to view our photos. Sunset and Sunrise in UdonThani 6 am UdonThani at Udon Country club. Welcome to come and Visit Us. 0868 592 986
Posted in Uncategorized, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 30/05/2018 Landlords petition Prayut to kill new tenant protections Business operators on Monday urged Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to cancel a Consumer Protection Board measure implemented on May 1 to protect customers from being overcharged on […] Posted in News
- 03/04/2018 Thailand’s military Government plans to tax crypto currencies Thailand's military government wants to regulate the nascent cryptocurrency market, and slap investors dabbling in digital coins with taxes to prevent the expanding sector from being used […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Udon News
- 26/04/2018 99 more Foreigners Arrested in Thailand OPERATION ‘X-RAY OUTLAW FOREIGNER’ CLAIMS 99 MORE ARRESTS Why not 100 to round it up.
BANGKOK — An ongoing crackdown on illegal immigrants saw the arrest of almost a hundred foreigners […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 Swimming pool Holiday Rental Accommodation in Udon Thani Your own private villa with Swimming pool from 790 baht per day. Car Rental option 750 baht per day.
Call 0868 592 986 to book today
You have private BBQ area as well and poolside […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News, Udon News
- 03/04/2018 DOW drops almost 460 points on news of China tariffs & Trump slamming Amazon The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 458 points down, as Beijing slapped tariffs on US imports in retaliation for US steel and aluminum tariffs and President Donald Trump blasted online […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 06/05/2018 In Thailand Over 90 percent of water vending machines are unhygienic
The Foundation for Consumers has urged the City Administration to shut down the operations of many water vending machines in Bangkok, alleging that they were not registered and are […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 27/12/2018 Thailand became the first country in Asia to legalise medical marijuana Bangkok: Thailand's legislature has agreed to amend the country's drug law to allow the licensed medical use of marijuana, as well as the kratom, a locally.
BANGKOK — Thailand’s […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Medical Marijuana
- 16/04/2018 Usufruct in Thailand Usufruct in Thailand
Usufruct gives the right to use and obtain limited control of another man's immovable property
Foreigners being forbidden to own land in Thailand are finding […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Udon Realestate
- 10/05/2018 TICKET CAMS TO BUST BANGKOK’S LANE CUTTERS TICKET CAMS TO BUST BANGKOK’S LANE CUTTERS.
They should be fitted in every city and the min fine 1000 baht per offence.
It’s Friday evening and the commute home is more exhausting than […] Posted in News, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 11/05/2018 New “Lane Change” cameras reveal extent of bad driving on Thai roads – 14,000 caught on first day New "Lane Change" cameras
hai Rath reported that more than 14,000 drivers had been caught breaking the law by newly installed CCTV cameras on the very first day.
The […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News
- 14/04/2018 Criminal offences you should avoid during Sonkgran Splashing water on people not willing to get wet during the Songkran Festival can lead to imprisonment, a lawyer warned, adding many common violations of laws during this festive period […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 09/06/2018 Retirement Home in UdonThani Over 50s We have Villas apartments and rooms With Self Catering or you can have home cooking
We also have Doctors and Nurses who can look after your medical needs in Thailand
Prices start at […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News, Retirement homes UdonThani
- 10/03/2018 NEW RIGHTS FOR Tennants RENTERS IN THAILAND TO ‘SHOCK’ LANDLORDS Thailand New protections for tenants will soon come into effect that include limits on what landlords can charge and a way out of long-term leases.
Practices such as demanding multiple […] Posted in Uncategorized, News, Local News
- 05/04/2018 Songkran 2018 Latest updates and information The biggest festival of the year in Thailand is undoubtedly Songkran. This is also the traditional Thai new year and is celebrated every year between 13th and 15th of April. The following […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Events
- 22/04/2018 American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport. American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport ‘because his flight was cancelled’
American tried to buy his way out of the rap by offering full compensation payments to the victim. Surasak said […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, TOP STORIES
- 16/02/2017 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake Udon Thani The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 New vehicles with temporary license plates to be banned Newly-bought vehicles that carry temporary red license plates will be banned from streets starting in June if a draft law is enacted, the Land Transport Department chief said on Monday.
[…] Posted in FEATURED, General, Udon News
- 19/04/2018 2 dead elephants killed in 6 months on electric fence, Thai police hunt ‘elephant electrocutioner’
Thai police are looking for a pineapple farm worker suspected of setting up an electric fence that has killed two wild elephants in the past […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 22/03/2018 Plan calls for mandatory re-registration of all SIM cards in Thailand. Plan calls for mandatory re-registration of all SIM cards. The telecom regulator plans to force all mobile firms to re-register their entire customer bases, despite widespread concerns […] Posted in Uncategorized, News, FEATURED, Local News
- 18/04/2018 Man drowns after riding motorcycle into pond in UdonThani Man drowns after riding motorcycle into pond in UdonThani.
A young man drowned after he rode his motorcycle into a pond behind a hotel in Udon Thani’s Muang district on Tuesday […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest