The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched its “Enjoy Local” campaign, offering QR code payment for tourists purchasing products and services at over 6,000 locations across the country.
This move is aimed at encouraging locals and tourists to travel to secondary provinces.
It will be more convenient for tourists to use the app when going to small provinces, Mr Yuthasak said.
He said the app also features a QR payment code that tourists can use to purchase services without cash.
The QR code in Trippointz can be used at over 6,000 locations but may not cover all services across all 55 provinces. However, the app’s usage will be extended to cover all 55 secondary provinces by early 2019, he said.
Tourists using the application will be able to get price points that they can redeem from TAT and Samart Digital Media.
Under Amazing Thailand Go Local, the TAT expects to see 10 million people travel to localities in 55 provinces this year and generate 10 billion baht in income for communities.
The campaign will also help boost overall domestic tourism income, which TAT has targeted at 1.3 trillion baht for this year.
Welcome to come Visit North Thailand
- 19/09/2018 Grab launches tourist discount Grab has announced a partnership with the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to promote travel under the campaign Grab Xi, designed to offer Grabâs users an authentic travel experience […] Posted in Business
- 01/05/2018 Dutchman falls to death during night with trans A Dutch tourist fell to his death from a condominium in Bangkok during an intimate night with a Thai transsexual he met on Khao San Road.
Salmans Rik, 21, was found dead when police […] Posted in News, Entertainment, Local News, Latest
- 01/01/2019 Thailand SOUTH WARNED OF FIRST TROPICAL STORM SINCE 1962 DISASTER BANGKOK — Southern Thailand is expected to be hit directly by a tropical storm for the first time in 56 years later this week, officials said Tuesday.
The Meteorological Department said […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Events
- 23/02/2018 Thailand hosts ‘Amour Asia Pacific 2018 Amour Asia Pacific Hosted in Thailand in 2018. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) recently hosted Amour Asia Pacific 2018, a luxury travel trade catering to the booming weddings […] Posted in News
- 16/02/2017 5,000 years of history, at Ban Chiang World Heritage site UdonThani Ban Chiang is an archeological site in Nong Han District, Udon Thani Province, Thailand. It has been on the UNESCO world heritage list since 1992. Discovered in 1966, the site attracted […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, General
- 19/02/2018 Mobile app promotion Kasikornbank has teamed up with Major Cineplex Group and Major Bowl Group Co Ltd to offer a special promotion to customers of its K Plus mobile banking application who use QR code for […] Posted in Business
- 20/02/2018 Thailand International Kite Festival 2018 takes to Hua Hin skies on March 23-25 Source Posted in Travel, Events
- 10/04/2018 Songkran 2018 in Thailand will begin on Friday, April 13 Songkran 2018 in Thailand will begin on Friday April 13
Songkran is an annual festival which takes place over three days during the traditional Thai New Year, April 13th-15th (in almost […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Events
- 05/04/2018 Songkran 2018 Latest updates and information The biggest festival of the year in Thailand is undoubtedly Songkran. This is also the traditional Thai new year and is celebrated every year between 13th and 15th of April. The following […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Events
- 01/01/2019 Thailand Storm warnings for southern provinces The Meteorological Department has issued the first storm warning of the year in the southern region, including provinces popular with tourists, while other parts of the country will see […] Posted in FEATURED, Events, Storm Warnings
- 16/02/2017 Swimming pool Holiday Rental Accommodation in Udon Thani Your own private villa with Swimming pool from 790 baht per day. Car Rental option 750 baht per day.
Call 0868 592 986 to book today
You have private BBQ area as well and poolside […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News, Udon News
- 22/02/2018 Anger over ‘bad manners’ of foreign couple on train Anger over 'bad manners' of foreign couple on train.
Many Lampang people became furious after seeing pictures of a foreign couple raising their feet over the head cushions of two seats […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News
- 04/04/2018 SCB, Nok Air introduce QR code payment Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) is collaborated with Nok Air in developing Thailand's first QR code payment system for airlines to meet the lifestyle needs of a new generation of travellers. Posted in Business
- 15/04/2018 Hong Kong shows off latest in locally made apps Hong Kong is showing off some of its latest information technology products and services at Asiaâs largest Spring Electronics and ICT fairs at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition […] Posted in News
- 21/12/2018 TAT denies spending Bt9m at Phalang Pracharat fundraiser The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) on Friday rejected a report that it spent Bt9 million on banquet tables at a fundraising dinner for pro-junta party Phalang Pracharat. Posted in Politics
- 04/07/2018 Boonterm vending customers can now buy with QR code Payments for beverages from Boonterm vending machines can now be made with QR code on K Plus. Posted in Business
- 29/03/2019 Public hospitals get training to recover payments from foreigners THE PUBLIC Health Ministryâs Department of Health Service Support has provided training to public hospitals in tourist provinces to help them collect fees from foreigners, […] Posted in News
- 30/10/2018 Lalamove insures its 40,000+ Thai drivers via Frank partnership Lalamove, Thailandâs leading on-demand delivery platform, with an app that promises âfast delivery within one hourâ, is giving its 40,000-plus drivers health, life, vehicle and […] Posted in Business
- 01/01/2019 An iconic welcome to the New Year THE AMAZING Thailand Countdown 2019 was held at Iconsiam yesterday as a âNew Year presentâ for Thais and tourists, in a joint venture between the capitalâs newest luxury shopping […] Posted in News
- 08/03/2018 Gambia apologises to Thailand for sex tourism slur The Gambia Tuesday apologised to Thailand after its foreign minister said the Asian country was a haven for sex tourists, sparking a strongly worded protest from Bangkok. Posted in News
- 18/07/2018 Thailand not seen as safe tourist destination until it fixes problems: Weerasak TOURISM and Sport Minister Weerasak Kowsurat yesterday urged agencies to sort out a series of problems before they can send a convincing message to the world that Thailand is still a safe […] Posted in News