CABINET GREEN-LIGHTS MEDICAL WEED – OPIUM AND KRATOM, TOO
BANGKOK — The first ever bill to allow limited use of cannabis for medical purposes was approved by the interim cabinet Tuesday.
More than just cannabis, the bill would decriminalize consumption of other Class 5 narcotics including hemp, kratom and opium to enable medical research to be conducted – a necessary step toward broader availability for therapeutic uses.
“The approval of this bill is an important matter,” government spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd said. “Class 5 narcotics were allowed for cultivation and extraction … but not for consumption, which made it impossible to use them for research on humans.”
If passed by the interim assembly, the new law would authorize the Narcotics Control Board to set up plantations for growing and conducting experiments, Lt. Gen. Sansern added.
The process of revising the law started late last year, prompting supporters to propose business initiatives in anticipation of cannabis decriminalization – with some falling short.
In January, Prapat Panyachartraksa, farmer association chairman, announced a plan to build a 5,000 rai (800 hectare) marijuana plantation in Sakon Nakhon province, which failed to get permission from the health ministry.
Hoping to fast forward the legalization process, a research team from Rangsit University unveiled a cannabis spray last month said to relieve pain in cancer and multiple sclerosis patients.
Under military rule, Thailand has made surprising strides toward drug decriminalization after a member of the ruling junta, acting as justice minister, declared the war on drugs a failure and embraced progressive attitudes toward implementing common-sense drug laws.
Rangsit U Made a Weed Spray, Wants Junta to Legalize It
Thailand to Build First Legal Weed Farm
Thai Law About to Make Medical Marijuana Legal
Thailand’s Drug Decriminalization Edges Forward – With Little Fanfare
- 13/05/2018 Brit tourist in Phuket taxi accident rescued from B1.5mn medical bills No insurance Cover. A campaign to raise funds for a British woman who suffered a broken back and multiple other serious internal injuries when a truck slammed into head-on into the Phuket taxi she and her […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Health, Latest
- 30/03/2018 How Rockefeller Founded Big Pharma And Waged War On Natural Cures Western medicine has some good points, and is great in an emergency, but it’s high time people realized that today’s mainstream medicine (western medicine or allopathy), with its focus on […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Local News, Health
- 27/12/2018 Thailand became the first country in Asia to legalise medical marijuana Bangkok: Thailand's legislature has agreed to amend the country's drug law to allow the licensed medical use of marijuana, as well as the kratom, a locally.
BANGKOK — Thailand’s […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Medical Marijuana
- 03/04/2018 Thailand’s military Government plans to tax crypto currencies Thailand's military government wants to regulate the nascent cryptocurrency market, and slap investors dabbling in digital coins with taxes to prevent the expanding sector from being used […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Udon News
- 13/01/2019 Thailand Health Insurance Guide to buying Expat Medical Insurance in Thailand. Premiums start from 25,000 Baht per year.
Difference between travel insurance and expat insurance
If you are only going away for a […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, AEK UdonThani Private Hospital, Thailand Health Insurance
- 05/01/2019 Why people keep dying on Thailand’s roads Why people keep dying on Thailand's roads, the most lethal in Southeast Asia
Bangkok, Thailand (CNN)Driving in Thailand can be a hair-raising experience at the best of times, but during […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Road Accidents in Thailand
- 03/04/2018 Labour officials to ensure new minimum wage being paid The Department of Labour Protection and Welfare will conduct random checks to ensure that businesses are paying the minimum wage, which increased effective April 1.
Failure to […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 16/04/2018 What do I need to hire and drive a car or ride a motorcycle in Thailand In the end it is "up to you". The maximum period that you can drive a hire car or bike legally on an IDP is 60 days on a Tourist Visa, 90 days on a Non-Immigrant O visa. For rentals in […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 31/10/2018 Aek Udon Hospital Aek Udon Thani International is an internationally accredited, multi-specialty hospital located in the heart of Udon Thani, Thailand. Founded in 1997, today it is the largest […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, AEK UdonThani Private Hospital
- 11/06/2018 Huge plot of military land in Isaan slated for growing “legal” ganja Thai Rath reported that a 5,000 rai area of military land in the Sakon Nakorn area of Thailand is being eyed for growing ganja.
Authorities are expected to soon be given the […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 10/07/2018 Cave Rescue 8 boys out now today lets hope to complete the task 5 more to be saved. 8 people out now 5 to go let's hope everything turns out good today
Cave rescue: Divers ready to save the remaining five Thais
Divers are preparing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 10/07/2018 All twelve boys and their coach have been rescued, after being trapped in a cave in Thailand for 18 days What we know so far
All twelve boys and their coach have been rescued, after being trapped in a cave in Thailand for 18 days. The Thai Navy Seals, who have been running […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Local News, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 04/05/2018 Ganga Seized on the Mekong River 200Kgs 200kg of ganja seized on Mekong riverbank
A navy patrol seized 200kg of compressed marijuana worth about 4 million baht on the bank of the Mekong River in Ban Phaeng district overnight, […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 14/04/2018 Longer holidays blamed for more road accidents in Thailand 555 Longer holidays blamed for more road accidents in Thailand 555 How many people go to events even for Government and take the car and get Drunk then drive home ?
The problem will never […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 15/05/2018 Hua Hin condo owners fined for short-term rentals The issue came to light following a dispute between the condominium operator and unit owners, in which the operator insisted that all rentals must be for a period greater than 30 […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 01/04/2018 OIC launches 10-baht travel insurance for Songkran revelers Bangkok – The Office of Insurance Commission (OIC) has unveiled a low cost travel insurance package to be offered to holidaymakers this Songkran Festival.
OIC Secretary-General […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 22/04/2018 American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport. American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport ‘because his flight was cancelled’
American tried to buy his way out of the rap by offering full compensation payments to the victim. Surasak said […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, TOP STORIES
- 26/04/2018 Tap water and electricity fees at apartments come under legal control as of May 1 Starting on May 1, electricity and tap water fees at hostels, apartments or rented rooms in residential buildings will come under legal control which prohibits owners of the premises from […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Business, Udon News
- 14/04/2018 Criminal offences you should avoid during Sonkgran Splashing water on people not willing to get wet during the Songkran Festival can lead to imprisonment, a lawyer warned, adding many common violations of laws during this festive period […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 18/12/2018 Hemp proposed as alternative to medical marijuana THE UNITED Nations will in the next few weeks consider whether to downgrade the classification of cannabidiol â currently a narcotic under international law, Kasetsart University […] Posted in News
- 28/04/2018 Big Rice sales this 1st quarter. 2.8 million tonnes of rice were exported during the first quarter of the year 2.8 million tonnes of rice were exported during the first quarter of the year and, for the whole year, about ten million tonnes of rice are expected to be exported making Thailand the […] Posted in Food, FEATURED, Local News, Latest