Cabinet approves high-speed train project linking 3 main airports
The Cabinet on Tuesday gave the go-ahead for a 200-billion-baht high-speed train network connecting three international airports.
Nattaporn Jatusripitak, an adviser to Prime Minister’s Office, told reporters after the Cabinet meeting that the terms of reference, defining what is to be achieved and how, will be drafted as soon as possible, following by a bidding process.
He said the investment will be in the form of a public-private partnership, allowing the private sector to engage in the project in cooperation with whatever government agencies are in charge of it.
The high-speed train will link Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports that both serve Bangkok, and U-Tapao, a joint civil-military public airport that serves the cities of Rayong and Pattaya on Thailand’s eastern seaboard.
- 07/01/2019 UdonThani Sunset and Sun Rise Welcomed to view our photos. Sunset and Sunrise in UdonThani 6 am UdonThani at Udon Country club. Welcome to come and Visit Us. 0868 592 986 Posted in Uncategorized, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 03/04/2018 Thailand’s military Government plans to tax crypto currencies Thailand's military government wants to regulate the nascent cryptocurrency market, and slap investors dabbling in digital coins with taxes to prevent the expanding sector from being used […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Udon News
- 11/04/2018 Bangkok Some 42,000 auto and motorbike orders placed at Motor Show, far higher than last year Bangkok Some 42,000 auto and motorbike orders placed at Motor Show, far higher than last year. More than 36,000 orders were placed for new automobiles at this year’s “Bangkok […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 New vehicles with temporary license plates to be banned Newly-bought vehicles that carry temporary red license plates will be banned from streets starting in June if a draft law is enacted, the Land Transport Department chief said on Monday. […] Posted in FEATURED, General, Udon News
- 02/01/2019 Dual pricing: Popular Pattaya golf club overcharging foreigners A golf club in Pattaya has been criticized for overcharging foreigners. An angry expat golfer, who didn’t wish to be named contacted Thaivisa to voice his disappointment at […] Posted in Uncategorized, FEATURED, Udon News, Golf Courses
- 11/05/2018 Bangkok lane-change crackdown nets 50,000 offenders in two days In the first two days following a strict ban on the practice, Bangkok traffic police issued more than 50,000 tickets to motorists at 15 flyovers and underpasses for illegally changing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 11/05/2018 New “Lane Change” cameras reveal extent of bad driving on Thai roads – 14,000 caught on first day New "Lane Change" cameras hai Rath reported that more than 14,000 drivers had been caught breaking the law by newly installed CCTV cameras on the very first day. The […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News
- 26/04/2018 Tap water and electricity fees at apartments come under legal control as of May 1 Starting on May 1, electricity and tap water fees at hostels, apartments or rented rooms in residential buildings will come under legal control which prohibits owners of the premises from […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Business, Udon News
- 06/05/2018 In Thailand Over 90 percent of water vending machines are unhygienic The Foundation for Consumers has urged the City Administration to shut down the operations of many water vending machines in Bangkok, alleging that they were not registered and are […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 01/03/2018 New Motorways all over Thailand New motor ways to be Built all over Thailand. The Thai highway network spans over 70,000 kilometers across all regions of Thailand. These highways, however, are often dual carriageways […] Posted in FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 26/04/2018 99 more Foreigners Arrested in Thailand OPERATION ‘X-RAY OUTLAW FOREIGNER’ CLAIMS 99 MORE ARRESTS Why not 100 to round it up. BANGKOK — An ongoing crackdown on illegal immigrants saw the arrest of almost a hundred foreigners […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 09/06/2018 Retirement Home in UdonThani Over 50s We have Villas apartments and rooms With Self Catering or you can have home cooking We also have Doctors and Nurses who can look after your medical needs in Thailand Prices start at […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News, Retirement homes UdonThani
- 23/06/2018 Run an International TEFL Franchise Do You Have What It Takes To Run an International TEFL Franchise With a Location Independent Income? Run your TEFL business 100% online using a laptop or iPad from anywhere […] Posted in Tips & Tricks, FEATURED, TOP VIDEOS
- 19/05/2018 BANGKOK AIRPORT SHUTTLE RIDE KHAOSAN TO SUVARNABHUMI FOR 60 BAHT ON NEW S1 BUSES BANGKOK — Starting Thursday, passengers can travel between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Khaosan Road on a bus ride that only costs about as much as the surcharge to use an airport taxi. At […] Posted in News, FEATURED, TOP STORIES
- 19/05/2018 BANGKOK NEW SHUTTLE ROUTES TO DON MUEANG AIRPORT TO OPEN MONDAY BANGKOK — Getting between downtown to Don Mueang International Airport will become easier when two new airport shuttle routes launch Monday. For 50 baht, travel between the airport and […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Latest
- 19/05/2018 Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine in Chiang Rai province last night CHIANG RAI Suspects escape but troops seize 7.8 million methamphetamine pills and 50 kg of 'ice'. Army troops seized 7.8 million methamphetamines pills and some crystal methamphetamine […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 03/04/2018 DOW drops almost 460 points on news of China tariffs & Trump slamming Amazon The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 458 points down, as Beijing slapped tariffs on US imports in retaliation for US steel and aluminum tariffs and President Donald Trump blasted online […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake Udon Thani The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 16/02/2017 Swimming pool Holiday Rental Accommodation in Udon Thani Your own private villa with Swimming pool from 790 baht per day. Car Rental option 750 baht per day. Call 0868 592 986 to book today You have private BBQ area as well and poolside […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News, Udon News
- 02/04/2018 Gold glitters & dollar declines as US-China trade war escalates The price of the traditional safe haven gold increased on Monday after Beijing introduced retaliatory measures against American goods coming to China. Read more Gold breaking out […] Posted in FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 23/06/2018 Travel Money Card Travel Money Card A prepaid multi-currency card that lets you load up to 13 different currencies. Get your card today and you’ll also get 25% off Travel Insurance.* Travel Money […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES