The Red Lotus Sea or is known in Thai as “Thalay Bua Daeng”
Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี”
Lotus lake UdonThani
Here is Some photos and Information on the Tourist Attraction in UdonThani. The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง (the Red Lotus Sea)” occupies 20,000 rai (8,000 acre) and it is a significant source of water for the Nam Pao River, the lifeline of the Udonthani province.
The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง (the Red Lotus Sea)” occupies 20,000 rai (8,000 acre) and it is a significant source of water for the Nam Pao River, the lifeline of the Udonthani province.
The lake is very shallow, mostly not exceeding a depth of one meter, but the unique feature of this lake is thousands of red lotus flowers sprout and completely transform the surface of Lake Nong Harn into a romantic dreamlike lake.
Dec Jan and Feb Are the best time to go and Visit
Nong Han Kumphawapi is located north of the town Kumphawapi, Kumphawapi district in Udon Thani Province.
The lake is about 50 kilometers away from Udon Thani. The access point to the lake is in a village Ban Diam, which is just south of PrajakSinlapakhom town. In Ban Diam village, the access to the lake is at the backside of the temple.
Accommodation and Transport in UdonThani
If you would like to Visit UdonThani and see many Tourist attraction we offer Accommodation and transport.
Car or Motor Bike Rental with Accommodation from 390 baht per day
We have apartments, Rooms, Villas, and condo Units in UdonThani
Call 0868 592 986 to book or E mail Us
- 16/02/2017 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake Udon Thani The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 16/02/2018 Thalay Bua Daeng Red Lotus lake Udon Thani The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or what local people call “Nong Han Kumphawapi Lake หนองหานกุมภวาปี” , often just “หนองหาน Nong Han” or “Talay Buadaeng ทะเลบัวแดง […] Posted in Travel, Udon News
- 07/01/2019 UdonThani Sunset and Sun Rise Welcomed to view our photos. Sunset and Sunrise in UdonThani 6 am UdonThani at Udon Country club. Welcome to come and Visit Us. 0868 592 986
Posted in Uncategorized, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 25/02/2018 Red Lotus Sea, UdonThani Thailand.Floating on the Red Lotus Sea in UdonThani Thailand,Talay Bua Daeng Red Lotus Sea, UdonThani Thailand.
Floating on the Red Lotus Sea in UdonThani Thailand.
Talay Bua Daeng
The Sea of Red Lotuses, or the Lake of Red Water Lilies or […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News
- 28/04/2018 Udon Thani temples, UdonThani Forrest Temples, Temples / Wats In And Near Near Udon Thani. Temples (or Wats) are the most holy of places for Thai Buddhists, and even some of the Chinese that live in the Udon Thani area. […] Posted in Travel, Places to visit in UdonThani
- 13/06/2018 Eating food in Thailand has a mixed choice Eating in Isaan
Veg and Chilli Dip (Nam Prik Pak) ...
Pork Skillet Barbecue (Moo Krata) ...
Rice Whisky (Lao Khao, ) ...
Sweet Sticky Rice (Khao Niao Wan, ข้าวเหนียวหวาน) […] Posted in Travel, Food, Udon News
- 23/06/2018 Travel Money Card
Travel Money Card
A prepaid multi-currency card that lets you load up to 13 different currencies. Get your card today and you’ll also get 25% off Travel Insurance.*
Travel Money […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 09/03/2018 Chinese Culture Center UdonThani If you have not been for a look its well worth the bother to visit. Only 5 min from the train station in down town UdonThani
I will add lots more photos and information in the next few days
Posted in Places to visit in UdonThani
- 07/04/2018 The annual motor bike Phuket Bike Week 2018 The annual Phuket Bike Week 2018 turns 24 this year and is again scheduled in two parts at two locations in Phuket, starting with four days of activities at Patong Beach during April 11 to […] Posted in News, Travel, FEATURED, Udon News
- 17/02/2018 Pachyderms on the pitch The 2018 Kingâs Cup Elephant Polo Tournament is set to kick off from March 8 to 11 on the banks of Chao Phraya River, next to Anantara Riverside Bangkok, with a full range of fun […] Posted in Travel
- 06/08/2018 White lotus-shaped pagoda in the lake, Buddhist in Ban Chiang, Udon Thani, Lotus Temple Ban-Chang-District--UdonThani Thailand.
Ban Chiang is an archaeological site in Nong Han District, Udon Thani Province, Thailand
white lotus-shaped pagoda in the lake, […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, White lotus temple pagoda in UdonThani
- 28/03/2018 Wat Pa Phu Kon Ban Kong Sleeping Buddha Location: Udon,Thani,Thailand
Wat […] Posted in Travel
- 16/02/2017 Leks Fishing Park in Udon Thani Lek’s Specimen Fishing Park ( Private Fishing Lake For Hire )
Thai Fresh Water Fish Species at Lek’s Ranch – Fishing Lake Udon Thani
The lake boasts over 40 different fish species […] Posted in Udon News
- 22/04/2018 Dengue danger: Phuket hits highest infection rate in the country. Officials confirmed that since the start of the year 220 people in Phuket had been confirmed by local hospitals as contracting dengue, the same figure revealed in a report posted on the […] Posted in News, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 22/03/2018 Thai Police to Ban Water Splashing on Main and Secondary Roads During Songkran Thai Police to Ban Water Splashing on main public Roads and Secondary roads. What next ban all the fun in Thailand.
The Royal Thai Police have reported they will impose a total ban […] Posted in Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 28/01/2018 Romance by the sea Celebrate the month of love by escaping to the seaside resort of Hua Hin and taking advantage of a gourmet dinner for two at McFarland House, the Hyatt Hua Hin, complete with live acoustic music. Posted in Travel
- 16/02/2018 Huge plot of military land in Isaan slated for growing “legal” ganja Thai Rath reported that a 5,000 rai area of military land in the Sakon Nakorn area of Thailand is being eyed for growing ganja.
Authorities are expected to soon be given the go ahead […] Posted in Udon News
- 07/02/2018 In Lanna and in love X2 Chiang Mai Riverside, the luxury boutique resort nestled on the banks of the Ping River, is celebrating the âMonth of Loveâ with a series of romantic inspirations throughout the […] Posted in Travel
- 10/06/2018 Wat Ban Na Kha Thevi Temple in UdonThani Wat Ban Na Kha Thevi and its giant Golden Buddha is a charming temple site on the Nong Khai -Udon Thani highway road and next to Ban Na Kha silk village. Wat Ban Na Kha Thevi is 15 […] Posted in Travel, Temples in UdonThani
- 26/02/2018 Travel Thailand and Visit the Attractions Lovely place to Visit if you have time and Discover the Hidden Places some not on the Tourist maps
Here is some photos i can share with you all.
If you like Photos and Videos i will […] Posted in Travel, Local News
- 16/02/2017 New vehicles with temporary license plates to be banned Newly-bought vehicles that carry temporary red license plates will be banned from streets starting in June if a draft law is enacted, the Land Transport Department chief said on Monday.
[…] Posted in FEATURED, General, Udon News