It is not for nothing that Christopher Columbus termed pawpaw, the “Fruit of Angels.”
And that he did so cannot be surprising to anyone who knows the health benefits of the Fanta colour fruit.
Papaya as it is also known, carries some of the most incredible health benefits that can be contained in any fruit. Its leaves are as medicinal as any other leaf can be.
And when it comes to taking good care of our skin, pawpaw’s skin can be very useful. Such is the richness of pawpaw that even its seeds contain some of the most surprising health benefits.
The health benefits of pawpaw will blow your mind
Specifically, pawpaw seeds contain nutrients that help heal cirrhosis of the liver and improve kidney health, as well as preventing renal failure. Its anti-inflammatory properties help treat arthritis and joint disease.
In addition, pawpaw seeds contain an alkaloid called carpaine that kills intestinal worms and amoeba parasites. And the papain in them helps in effective digestion of protein. (However, you should avoid if pregnant).
It is also important to note that pawpaw seeds can prevent and cure a good number of ailments related to the liver, gut, intestinal worms, and even diseases like dengue fever.
Here are some of the unbelievable health benefits of pawpaw seeds
1. It heals liver disease (cirrhosis)
Owing to some of the vital nutrients contained in them, pawpaw seeds help heal cirrhosis of the liver. They also help to detoxify the liver and keep disease s at bay, by eating a small amount of regularly.
However, in other to treat liver cirrhosis with it, take 5 or 6 dried papaw seeds and grind them up or crush them and take them with lime juice.
Do this every day for thirty days.
2. Pawpaw seeds kill bacteria and heal viral infections
Studies have shown that a few pawpaw seeds kill harmful bacteria like E. coli, Staphylococcus, and Salmonella.
They also help fight viral infections, dengue, and other diseases. Additionally, pawpaw seeds mixed with milk are an excellent cure for typhoid fever.
And in Costa Rica, papaw seeds have been extensively used to fight aga (a condition that causes a progressive decline in mental functioning).
- 20/02/2018 Holland & Barrett has become the first high street store to stock medical cannabis oil in the UK. Health food chain Holland & Barrett has become the first high street store to stock medical cannabis oil in the UK.
According to the Cannabis Trades Association UK, the number of […] Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 More gustatory treats for Phuket The Nai Harn, the luxury hotel overlooking pristine Nai Harn Beach, raises the bar for food and beverage with the appointment of new chef de cuisine, David Attwater. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 A feast like no other A four-day food, wine and wellness extravaganza dubbed the Asian Organic Gourmet Festival (AOGF) is being organised by the 137 Pillars Suites & Residences on Sukhumvit Soi 39 in the heart […] Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 In London, Thai with your tea Britons are queuing up to sample the goods at Greyhound Cafeâs first European outlet Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 The best beef in town Succulent steaks will be sizzling on the grill at BarSu all this month and next as the chefs in the gastro barâs open kitchen cook up premium quality beef from Spain and Australia. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Italian magic, weekends only PaN Bake & Bistro has one owner stationed in Milan, scooping up great food ideas Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Big bites of prosperity Celebrate Chinese New Year at Dynasty Restaurant Centara Grand of the Central Plaza Lat Phrao Bangkok with a culinary team led by Master Chef Kam. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 A thick slice of juicy Costata steak La Tavola & Wine Bar at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel celebrates the arrival of delicious Costata steak with a new selection of classic Italian dishes made from top-quality ingredients.Â Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Sushi from a star chef Thereâs something delicious happening down in Phuket tomorrow (February 11) and Monday as Sri Panwa welcomes Chef Nakamura of the 2-Michelin Star Sushi Umi restaurant from Tokyo to the […] Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Springtime treats at Elements Executive chef Antony Scholtmeyer of the Michelin-starred Element restaurant is all set to welcome the spring with seasonal treats prepared from fresh ingredients from Hokkaido that will […] Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Now here’s a sweet idea Sweets brand Kanade, a cousin of Japanâs Mary Chocolate, is now available at the Isetan department store in Bangkok. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 The Mall tempts with 10 auspicious dishes âThe Mall Happy Chinese New Yearâ has 10 auspicious dishes being served at restaurants at its shopping centres, along with Gangsai jewellery, Chinese keepsakes and more. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 A festival of treats from Dean & Deluca Dean & Deluca, gourmet food and beverage brand from New York, welcomes both Chinese New Year and Valentineâs Day with gourmet delights to tease the taste buds. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Only the best for the banquet The superb dishes at next month's Bangkok chefs charity will have some surprising local ingredients in them Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Love, Indian style Bawarchi Chidlom will spice up Valentineâs Day with the delightful six-course Indian set dinner thatâs available from today to next Saturday. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 From a seagull swoop to a first-class culinary experience Movenpick Hotels and Resorts brand marks 70 years of culinary innovation with a selection of special seven dishes inspired by gastronomic trends from around the world. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Bursting with myth and flavour Nespresso takes coffee lovers on a journey of discovery to its origins with two new Limited Edition coffees, Arabica Ethiopia Harrar and Robusta Uganda. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Up close and personal with Nigel Benn Former British professional boxer Nigel Benn comes to Thailand just before the Songkran holidays and âmeet and greetâ fans at Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok on April 12 at 8pm. Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Best in the kitchen The Okura Prestige Bangkok is bringing back its hit cooking competition for Thai culinary students for a second year and like last year, the winner will benefit from an educational trip to […] Posted in Food
- 20/02/2018 Sheratonâs Basil explores Isaan tastes At Basil, one of the restaurants at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in Bangkok, Chef Kesinee has a new regional set lunch called Isaan Explorer, an introduction to the authentic cuisine of […] Posted in Food
- 24/02/2018 Thai cooking made easy Following on from CNN Travelâs recommendation of 40 Thai dishes we should all enjoy, the Thailand Foundation has thus launched a series of video clips teaching the world how to make them. Posted in Food