Don’t Hug Monks
Monks are highly respected in Thailand and therefore it is forbidden to stand over or be positioned higher than a monk. Monks aren’t not even allowed to touch women. If a monk comes in contact with a woman, he often won’t even hand her something. Rather, he’ll place the item down for the woman to pick up for herself. Even on the bus monks are not allowed to sit directly next to a woman. So, if you’re a female and see a seat open next to a monk, do not sit down and force him to stand. Men, however, are allowed to come in contact with monks, but most will still keep a respectful distance.
2. Don’t Keep Your Shoes On
It is very disrespectful to keep your shoes on while entering homes, temples, shops and even some restaurants in Thailand. So it’s no wonder why light-weight sandals are so popular, as they can be easily removed. If you notice a big pile of sandals by the door, we’d recommend removing your own.
3. Refrain from Public Displays of Affection
Most Thais will not even hold hands or hug in public, so we advise that you do not go overboard with your public displays of affection while visiting Thailand. Touching tongues is forbidden, so save your intimate moments for when you’re alone in your hotel room or on a deserted beach.
4. Never Use Your Feet
Of all the things not to do in Thailand, pointing with or using your feet is one of the biggest faux pas. Feet are considered the lowest, dirtiest part of the body in many Asian cultures and the head is the highest. Pointing your toes or the bottoms of your feet towards someone or something is extremely impolite. Hence, do not hold doors open with your feet, point your feet towards the Buddha images or angle your feet towards the monks.
I will make more pages for Each one when i get time and expand the information
If you fancy a nice Holiday in UdonThani Welcome to come stay with Us. at Udon Country Club we have villas Rooms Apartments from 350 baht to 999 baht. Car Rental option as well or Motorbike 0868 592 986
- 11/06/2018 Overstaying in Thailand. Anyone with a lengthy overstay, over 90 days, will be banned from re-entering the Kingdom of Thailand Overstaying in Thailand
According to Ministry of Interior’s Order 1/2558 Regarding Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Admission to the Kingdom of Thailand. The minimum charge is 500 Baht […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, General
- 11/04/2018 Songkran Festival in Udon Thani 2018 updates We wish the people of Udon Thani and Thailand a fun, happy and healthy Thai new year / Songkran 2018! An appeal to all those who love water fights and powder: not all people share the joy […] Posted in News, FEATURED, General, TOP STORIES
- 12/06/2018 Giant Skeletons have been found in Many places Human giants are not entirely a product of legend in our history. André the Giant is one of the more well-known instances of a man of superhuman proportions and strength who walked among […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Local News
- 18/04/2018 THAI WOMAN ACCUSED OF TRAFFICKING THAIS TO GERMANY Germany: 7 arrested in raids on sex traffickers
German authorities raided dozens of properties and arrested seven people on Wednesday in an investigation of an alleged trafficking ring […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News
- 09/06/2018 Strange but True in Thailand never use your feet Never Use Your Feet
Of all the things not to do in Thailand, pointing with or using your feet is one of the biggest faux pas. Feet are considered the lowest, dirtiest part of the body in […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Things not to do in Thailand
- 16/02/2017 5,000 years of history, at Ban Chiang World Heritage site UdonThani Ban Chiang is an archeological site in Nong Han District, Udon Thani Province, Thailand. It has been on the UNESCO world heritage list since 1992. Discovered in 1966, the site attracted […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, General
- 10/06/2018 Wat Pothisomphon Temple in UdonThani
20th-century Buddhist temple complex featuring a gilded central chedi with a viewing platform.
Address: Ban Lueam, Mueang Udon Thani District, Udon Thani […] Posted in Travel, FEATURED, Local News
- 10/04/2018 Songkran 2018 in Thailand will begin on Friday, April 13 Songkran 2018 in Thailand will begin on Friday April 13
Songkran is an annual festival which takes place over three days during the traditional Thai New Year, April 13th-15th (in almost […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Events
- 14/04/2018 Longer holidays blamed for more road accidents in Thailand 555 Longer holidays blamed for more road accidents in Thailand 555 How many people go to events even for Government and take the car and get Drunk then drive home ?
The problem will never […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 06/08/2018 White lotus-shaped pagoda in the lake, Buddhist in Ban Chiang, Udon Thani, Lotus Temple Ban-Chang-District--UdonThani Thailand.
Ban Chiang is an archaeological site in Nong Han District, Udon Thani Province, Thailand
white lotus-shaped pagoda in the lake, […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, White lotus temple pagoda in UdonThani
- 12/05/2018 application in Thailand for night out with the Boy’s Application for a night out - his'n'hers
Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 16/02/2017 New vehicles with temporary license plates to be banned Newly-bought vehicles that carry temporary red license plates will be banned from streets starting in June if a draft law is enacted, the Land Transport Department chief said on Monday.
[…] Posted in FEATURED, General, Udon News
- 10/07/2018 Cave Rescue 8 boys out now today lets hope to complete the task 5 more to be saved. 8 people out now 5 to go let's hope everything turns out good today
Cave rescue: Divers ready to save the remaining five Thais
Divers are preparing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 02/04/2018 Study reveals shocking extent of dangerous driving in Thailand Cargo trucks and public transport buses in Thailand were found to have been speeding beyond the legal limit on more than 17 million occasions last year, according to a GPS-based study by a […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 11/04/2018 Udon Thani Songkran party will be a splash UD Town, a lifestyle shopping mall in Udon Thani province, will present a water-splashing war during the UD Town Wonder Water Land Songkran 2018 festival beginning on Thursday and running […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 15/04/2018 113,960 drink drivers arrested in Thailand 248 dead 113,960 drink drivers arrested and 2,991 vehicles seized in three days 248 dead and 2557 Injured so far this year.
Posted in News, Travel, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 28/04/2018 Big Rice sales this 1st quarter. 2.8 million tonnes of rice were exported during the first quarter of the year 2.8 million tonnes of rice were exported during the first quarter of the year and, for the whole year, about ten million tonnes of rice are expected to be exported making Thailand the […] Posted in Food, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 06/08/2018 UdonThani Night market, UD Night Market, Udon Thani
Udon Thani, Udon Thani’s Night Market Scene,
UD Night Market, Udon Thani. UD Night Market and other Udon Thani attractions.
Udon Thani’s Centrepoint night market is my favourite one […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udtown Night market UdonThani
- 03/07/2018 British divers find 12 children and their football coach missing for nine days in Thai cave Twelve Thai boys and their football coach were on Monday found miraculously alive in a cave complex by two British divers after surviving for nine days cut off by flood waters inside a […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 16/04/2018 What do I need to hire and drive a car or ride a motorcycle in Thailand In the end it is "up to you". The maximum period that you can drive a hire car or bike legally on an IDP is 60 days on a Tourist Visa, 90 days on a Non-Immigrant O visa. For rentals in […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 22/02/2018 Anger over ‘bad manners’ of foreign couple on train Anger over 'bad manners' of foreign couple on train.
Many Lampang people became furious after seeing pictures of a foreign couple raising their feet over the head cushions of two seats […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News