TICKET CAMS TO BUST BANGKOK’S LANE CUTTERS.
They should be fitted in every city and the min fine 1000 baht per offence.
It’s Friday evening and the commute home is more exhausting than the actual work week. Slogging toward an overpass, a random car creeps from behind and swoops in up ahead, extending the traffic infinity war even longer.
Now those lane cutters better watch out.
Traffic police on Wednesday launched a new surveillance system at 15 trouble spots near major intersections across Bangkok to ticket drivers who change lanes illegally.
“We’ve been trying to tighten up law enforcement, but a lot of people are still committing violations,” said Maj. Gen. Chirapat Phumichit, Bangkok’s No. 2 traffic cop. “Particularly, cars trying to cut others off before overpasses or tunnels are one of the major causes of accidents and heavy congestion.”
City Hall spent 14 million baht for the new camera system. It includes plate recognition that enables authorities to identify and ticket offenders within seven days. The cameras will operate at all hours and keep records for at least one year.
Areas with the new system include the Prachanukun, Ratchathewi and Rama IV intersections, as well as the Memorial Bridge spanning the Chao Phraya River.
The division said the system allowed it to detect more than 220,000 offenders during a 30-day trial period last month – more than 7,000 a day.
On Wednesday, the system detected about 7,500 cars changing lanes illegally between midnight and 11:30am.
Those caught violating the law will be fined up to 1,000 baht.
- 03/04/2018 DOW drops almost 460 points on news of China tariffs & Trump slamming Amazon The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 458 points down, as Beijing slapped tariffs on US imports in retaliation for US steel and aluminum tariffs and President Donald Trump blasted online […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 01/05/2018 Dutchman falls to death during night with trans A Dutch tourist fell to his death from a condominium in Bangkok during an intimate night with a Thai transsexual he met on Khao San Road.
Salmans Rik, 21, was found dead when police […] Posted in News, Entertainment, Local News, Latest
- 14/04/2018 Longer holidays blamed for more road accidents in Thailand 555 Longer holidays blamed for more road accidents in Thailand 555 How many people go to events even for Government and take the car and get Drunk then drive home ?
The problem will never […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 11/05/2018 Bangkok lane-change crackdown nets 50,000 offenders in two days In the first two days following a strict ban on the practice, Bangkok traffic police issued more than 50,000 tickets to motorists at 15 flyovers and underpasses for illegally changing […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 26/04/2018 99 more Foreigners Arrested in Thailand OPERATION ‘X-RAY OUTLAW FOREIGNER’ CLAIMS 99 MORE ARRESTS Why not 100 to round it up.
BANGKOK — An ongoing crackdown on illegal immigrants saw the arrest of almost a hundred foreigners […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udon News
- 11/05/2018 New “Lane Change” cameras reveal extent of bad driving on Thai roads – 14,000 caught on first day New "Lane Change" cameras
hai Rath reported that more than 14,000 drivers had been caught breaking the law by newly installed CCTV cameras on the very first day.
The […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Udon News
- 06/05/2018 In Thailand Over 90 percent of water vending machines are unhygienic
The Foundation for Consumers has urged the City Administration to shut down the operations of many water vending machines in Bangkok, alleging that they were not registered and are […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 08/04/2018 Actress killed in car crash in Ayutthaya BMW hits a tree Actress was killed when her BMW car crashed into a tree on a roadside in Ayutthaya province on Saturday morning.
Natnicha Cherdchubupphakaree, 21, died when her car plunged […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 06/08/2018 UdonThani Night market, UD Night Market, Udon Thani
Udon Thani, Udon Thani’s Night Market Scene,
UD Night Market, Udon Thani. UD Night Market and other Udon Thani attractions.
Udon Thani’s Centrepoint night market is my favourite one […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Udtown Night market UdonThani
- 16/04/2018 What do I need to hire and drive a car or ride a motorcycle in Thailand In the end it is "up to you". The maximum period that you can drive a hire car or bike legally on an IDP is 60 days on a Tourist Visa, 90 days on a Non-Immigrant O visa. For rentals in […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 02/04/2018 Study reveals shocking extent of dangerous driving in Thailand Cargo trucks and public transport buses in Thailand were found to have been speeding beyond the legal limit on more than 17 million occasions last year, according to a GPS-based study by a […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 14/04/2018 This is what happens when they turn the meter on This is what happens when they turn the meter on, all is clear now why they are not willing to drive on meter...
in the next episode .. while somchai get scolded by DLT for no turning […] Posted in News, Local News, Udon News, TOP STORIES
- 26/04/2018 Tap water and electricity fees at apartments come under legal control as of May 1 Starting on May 1, electricity and tap water fees at hostels, apartments or rented rooms in residential buildings will come under legal control which prohibits owners of the premises from […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Business, Udon News
- 05/04/2018 Songkran 2018 Latest updates and information The biggest festival of the year in Thailand is undoubtedly Songkran. This is also the traditional Thai new year and is celebrated every year between 13th and 15th of April. The following […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, Events
- 03/04/2018 Thailand’s military Government plans to tax crypto currencies Thailand's military government wants to regulate the nascent cryptocurrency market, and slap investors dabbling in digital coins with taxes to prevent the expanding sector from being used […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Udon News
- 23/03/2018 DEATH BUS’ DRIVER WAS USING METH NAKHON RATCHASIMA — The driver of a tour bus that crashed and killed 18 passengers confessed to being high on meth at the time, police said Friday.
Krissana Jutacheun, 44, was arrested […] Posted in Latest, Udon News
- 15/04/2018 DRUNK DRIVERS GET ANKLE JEWELRY, HOME CONFINEMENT A group of drunk drivers were given ankle monitors and placed under home curfew Friday as the authorities introduce new tools to crack down on the leading cause of holiday road […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 11/04/2018 Udon Thani Songkran party will be a splash UD Town, a lifestyle shopping mall in Udon Thani province, will present a water-splashing war during the UD Town Wonder Water Land Songkran 2018 festival beginning on Thursday and running […] Posted in News, FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 28/03/2018 King Rama X coins, notes to debut on April 6 King Rama X coins, notes to debut on April 6. The first coins to be issued marking the reign of King Rama X will be put into circulation on April 6, Finance Minister Apisak Tantivorawong […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest, TOP STORIES
- 29/03/2018 New Money out in Thailand on the 6th april coins featuring the portrait of His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun will be put in circulation on April 6.
King Rama X coins, notes to debut on April 6. The […] Posted in FEATURED, Local News, Latest
- 16/02/2017 Swimming pool Holiday Rental Accommodation in Udon Thani Your own private villa with Swimming pool from 790 baht per day. Car Rental option 750 baht per day.
Call 0868 592 986 to book today
You have private BBQ area as well and poolside […] Posted in FEATURED, Entertainment, Local News, Udon News